U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2009, 05:26 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,176,991 times

Advertisements

Ok... now, just in case we don't find something with enough land... this is for my equine pals again... what's the boarding situation like in the Kearneysville area? I'm looking for simple board, field board, they provide hay - I can provide my own grain and want my horses turned out 24/7. I would want trails and a ring and a non-show barn. What are price ranges??

Thanks!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2009, 08:24 AM

5,826 posts, read 9,292,971 times
I don't think you will have any trouble finding a place with enough acreage to house your horses. And there is so much wilderness area in the whole state of WV that you needn't worry about what land or trails the stable provides. Most of the wooded areas in the state are wide open for enjoyment by everyone. And if you do need to board your horses, you are apt to find someone who has a barn on their property that they aren't using that you could probably rent with the abutting fenced property to keep your horses in. The only difference is that you will have to do everything - including supply the hay.

Old 01-12-2009, 12:25 PM

5,077 posts, read 14,176,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceT View Post
I don't think you will have any trouble finding a place with enough acreage to house your horses. And there is so much wilderness area in the whole state of WV that you needn't worry about what land or trails the stable provides. Most of the wooded areas in the state are wide open for enjoyment by everyone. And if you do need to board your horses, you are apt to find someone who has a barn on their property that they aren't using that you could probably rent with the abutting fenced property to keep your horses in. The only difference is that you will have to do everything - including supply the hay.
Sounds good to me! I have to admit, the thought of having the horses boarded for a while is a nice thought. Having them at my place now is a lot of labor intensive work in all the weather and after doing this only two plus years, I'm so ready to just visit them and ride. LOL I would however, still consider keeping them with me since that's mostly what they know. It is encouraging to know though that there is still so much land and wilderness. Up here in PA, you see a nice big open space and then next week when you drive by they have begun staking it out for a huge subdivision - it's really depressing to see all the land disappearing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia