Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 09:20 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,421,922 times

Advertisements

Are the people of W.VA. allowed to carry fire arms? (with a permit of course)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2008, 11:33 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Are the people of W.VA. allowed to carry fire arms? (with a permit of course)
Absolutley! The Second ammendment is alive and well in WV and they have reciprocity with a lot of other states. (My home state of NV included)

Old 08-21-2008, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Absolutley! The Second ammendment is alive and well in WV and they have reciprocity with a lot of other states. (My home state of NV included)
Same with OK.

Old 08-21-2008, 01:16 PM

2,429 posts, read 7,233,956 times
I think someone posted on here a while ago that WV's flag is one of the few (maybe the only) to have remained unchanged since statehood.

And I like the response... we're not northern, or southern, or middle-atlantic, we're Mountaineers.

Old 08-21-2008, 01:34 PM

4,714 posts, read 13,309,748 times
That is a tobacco plant under the arm of the buckskin clad hunter...Virginia was big on tobacco...almost nobody plants it any more...takes a lot of care...Virginia Bright Leaf and Burley...hung in the rafters of the workshop to dry.
Grandpa would have me auger-drill a hole in the maple trees and plug in the leaf tobacco...cork it, let it age and then drill it out...pretty rough...was an old fashioned way of curing...

Old 08-21-2008, 04:00 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,340,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenstan View Post
The State Flag says we are Mountioneers
No it says Montani. We must be Romans...or latinos.

Old 08-21-2008, 04:44 PM

3,106 posts, read 7,372,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post
That is a tobacco plant under the arm of the buckskin clad hunter...Virginia was big on tobacco...almost nobody plants it any more...takes a lot of care...Virginia Bright Leaf and Burley...hung in the rafters of the workshop to dry.
Grandpa would have me auger-drill a hole in the maple trees and plug in the leaf tobacco...cork it, let it age and then drill it out...pretty rough...was an old fashioned way of curing...
There is, or at least was a few years ago, a tobacco farm in Putnam County - had surprised me to see it. TY for the info - now that makes sense. I had always thought it was too cold here.

Old 08-21-2008, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post
That's very interesting, Id like to read up on that.

They still sell Virginia Slims.

Old 08-23-2008, 06:36 PM

3,106 posts, read 7,372,081 times
We had been talking about moonshine on here - yesterday hubby came home with a jar a friend gave him. We think it's a great conversational piece.

Good grief - making hooch must be MUCH more common in WV than I ever imagined.

Old 08-23-2008, 06:47 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,340,514 times
Didn't the laws change so that it 's OK to make alcoholic beverages for your personal consumption? I have a friend from Clarksburg who lives in Colorado now. He makes a lot of good wine out of various things like prickly pear, etc., and the best is his dandelion wine. Enormous dandelions grow wild in the Rockies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia