Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 11:36 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,340,468 times

Advertisements

YouTube - Country roads John Denver Almost Heaven West Virginia Parkersburg WV
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2010, 09:58 AM

2,341 posts, read 3,478,607 times
Some Mountain Music, Flatfoot dancing, Clogging,
Hillbilly 911 calls and Redneck Barn Carring on.

And above all don't mess with our Older Grandmaw type women ! ! !

Click on this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-ogrMr4lWc

[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I2WxphIGOE[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]YouTube - Hillbilly Days Clog Dancing 2007[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]YouTube - hillbillies- 911[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]YouTube - Rednex - Cotton Eye Joe (HD)[/SIZE]

NOW WOULDN'T THAT SHUCK YOUR CORN ?

Last edited by bumpus7; 09-25-2010 at 10:11 AM..

Old 06-28-2011, 07:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,142 times
People here think shingles is an STD. They do not know shingles is herpes zoster, but it is not sexually transmitted. I have lived here for ten years, and miss Dallas horribly. People here are jealous of me because I have all my teeth, wear perfume and makeup, and do not gossip. People in the Martinsburg area are nothing but a bunch of "gossiping -stupid-butts". Very few people in Martinsburg area are college-educated. They need to go to college full-time or work, and they would not have time to gossip. The "emotional-intelligence" level here is extremely low. I figure maybe we have some inbreeding going on. The whole town of Martinsburg listens to one maintenance man who has worked in this dumpy area for eight-hundred years, and a tenant that was there for nine-hundred years . I have people at one apartment complex calling and going to different businesses running their mouths, gossiping. I do not think well of these people for listening to them. They ought to turn to them and say "This is gossip. I will not listen to it, anymore". Everyone goes to the bathroom, showers, and has to do dishes. People here pick on me for that. Yuck-yuck. The things these people are saying are so bizarre and weird, and off-the-wall. It is true. They do have rotting-black teeth here, and are missing some teeth, or have none, at all period. The only reason they pick on me is because I am an outsider. I am not a "hillbilly" like they are. I am a "city" girl. As soon as I can, I will plan on moving back to civilization. People here are extremely "limited" in their education and maturity skills.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:09 PM

1,981 posts, read 5,967,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaly2695469 View Post
People here think shingles is an STD. They do not know shingles is herpes zoster, but it is not sexually transmitted. I have lived here for ten years, and miss Dallas horribly. People here are jealous of me because I have all my teeth, wear perfume and makeup, and do not gossip. People in the Martinsburg area are nothing but a bunch of "gossiping -stupid-butts". Very few people in Martinsburg area are college-educated. They need to go to college full-time or work, and they would not have time to gossip. The "emotional-intelligence" level here is extremely low. I figure maybe we have some inbreeding going on. The whole town of Martinsburg listens to one maintenance man who has worked in this dumpy area for eight-hundred years, and a tenant that was there for nine-hundred years . I have people at one apartment complex calling and going to different businesses running their mouths, gossiping. I do not think well of these people for listening to them. They ought to turn to them and say "This is gossip. I will not listen to it, anymore". Everyone goes to the bathroom, showers, and has to do dishes. People here pick on me for that. Yuck-yuck. The things these people are saying are so bizarre and weird, and off-the-wall. It is true. They do have rotting-black teeth here, and are missing some teeth, or have none, at all period. The only reason they pick on me is because I am an outsider. I am not a "hillbilly" like they are. I am a "city" girl. As soon as I can, I will plan on moving back to civilization. People here are extremely "limited" in their education and maturity skills.
So what you're saying is the maintenance man started a rumor about your herpes? LMAO

HAHAHAHAHAHAH wow, I hope you were drunk when you wrote this because it literally makes NO SENSE! You have no ability to segue between topics and your flow is annoyingly off. Add in the grammatical errors and I'd say this post is trash.

and the stupid butts comment... MY GOD WOMAN!!! Show some mercy, I'm sure everyone form Martinsburg will be upset for weeks over that comment.

I doubt anyone will miss you once you move back to the BIG city. What city did you grow up in? Because clearly wherever that was the people do not show respect and courtesy. Spouting out stereotypical b/s really never helps win an argument, i.e. hillbilly, inbreeding, poor dental hygien. By the wayyyyyy, Martinsburg is on the fringes of some of the wealthiest counties in the whole United States... Dallas...hmm, I know they have a citywide obesity problem. Happy Eating

Old 06-30-2011, 06:24 PM

10,147 posts, read 14,969,046 times
Quote:
Sounds to me like you're learning from your surroundings but have a long way to go. Which "civilized" slum craphole is your hometown? Since they apparently taught you to write and comment like an ignorant ****, I'm going to guess and say someplace in Virginia?

Old 06-30-2011, 08:37 PM

1,442 posts, read 2,554,449 times
Quote:
I am hoping you were intoxicated when you wrote this, otherwise you need psychiatric care. BTW- Martinsburg doesn't have hillbillies with no teeth - it's now a DC suburb with more rich yankees than natives. This is really an ignorant post.

Old 07-03-2011, 09:17 AM

2,341 posts, read 3,478,607 times
Quote:

They pick on you because you think you are better
and smarter than they are.

[SIZE=2]You say WEST VIRGINIA PEOPLE are nothing more than Black Toothed, No teethed, INBREED Gossipers. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Yet You come on here TELLING THE WHOLE INTERNET WORLD, and become a BACK BITER, an act as if you are better educated. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]If you were as smart a city girl as you try to portray yourself, [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]why haven't you figured out a way to have successfully left the people [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]and the WV State your are now stuck in. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Not that rich after all, so start walking toward that city you want so much, and the people in your town will be much better off without you, as youwalk around with your nose all stuck up in the air with arrogant self willed pride. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Why not change your attitude and be an example for these people you live around and they may like the smell of your attitude and not have to smell the stench of your haughtiness.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]There is a much better road in life to travel than the one you are on now ! ! ! [/SIZE]

Old 07-03-2011, 12:24 PM

5 posts, read 7,773 times
I have been to Wheeling and didn't really notice their teeth-- people all over the US have missing teeth, so maybe you should take that into account. The "in-breeding" rumor is just that -- a rumor.You are sterotyping. They're not jealous because you wear perfume and make-up, heck anyone can buy those at a drug store. I think you just don't fit in and becuase you're so unhappy, should get out of there and stop spending so much time hating the people who have lived there for generations. Nuf said.

Old 07-03-2011, 12:54 PM

14 posts, read 22,212 times
I was born & raised in WV & I always thought of it as a Northern state cause it snowed & was cold as heck. I now live near Bham, Al & in the winter it's too cold here also. LOL!! If it drops below 55 it's too cold for me. I wouldn't say anything makes it similar to the south.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyr View Post
as a resident of this state, what do you consider yourself? southers? midwestern? appalachian? northeastern?

what is the culture in WV like? what makes it similar to the south, the east, the midwest, etc? or is it in a hybrid category of its own?

Old 07-04-2011, 03:32 PM

10,147 posts, read 14,969,046 times
Quote:
Well, you might have all your own false teeth, but it sure seems you left any common sense you might have had back in Big D to come to a West Virginia board and write that kind of crap. What an idiot. Get in your truck and don't let the door hit you in the @ss as you leave. Dodge the cow plops, and go back to the craphole you came from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia