Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 09:05 AM

404 posts, read 1,185,186 times

Advertisements

. : The Great Pandemic : : The United States in 1918-1919 : . (http://1918.pandemicflu.gov/your_state/west_virginia.htm - broken link)

Putting it in an historical perspective. It's a good read!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 09:28 AM

967 posts, read 2,989,306 times
Why the young and healthy died in 1918, and 2009. Cytokine storm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-01-2009, 06:15 AM

Default What you should NOT do

Ewww!
Attached Thumbnails
Swine Flu-picture1.jpg  

Old 05-05-2009, 09:04 AM

Attention Comrades!
"THE PRECEEDING PANDEMIC HAS BEEN A TEST OF THE MARTIAL LAW IMPLEMENTATION SYSTEM. HAD WE REALLY INTENDED TO OVER-RIDE THE CONSTITUTIONAL LIMITS OF GOVERNMENT, WE WOULD HAVE...BECAUSE WE CAN... RESISTANCE IS FUTILE"

Now, back to your chores Comrades. All is well. Mind mush television, and other distractions will continue as programmed... I repeat, all is well.

Old 05-05-2009, 02:46 PM

1,981 posts, read 5,974,775 times
So I'm back on American soil....

For some reason I had to go through customs in Chicago then recheck my bags and then go back through security and then find my gate to Pittsburgh.. what a pain!!!

But when I was standing in that huuuuuggggeee customs line I noticed the people behind me were wearing masks... then I looked behind them... and a girl had a huge sombrero in plastic casing... Sooo I was like.. Oh good grief... ha ha So hopefully I haven't caught the swine flu. I feel fine, pretty much. I have been sneezing and coughing a little but I feel fine.

Old 05-05-2009, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaHerdOn View Post
So I'm back on American soil....

For some reason I had to go through customs in Chicago then recheck my bags and then go back through security and then find my gate to Pittsburgh.. what a pain!!!

But when I was standing in that huuuuuggggeee customs line I noticed the people behind me were wearing masks... then I looked behind them... and a girl had a huge sombrero in plastic casing... Sooo I was like.. Oh good grief... ha ha So hopefully I haven't caught the swine flu. I feel fine, pretty much. I have been sneezing and coughing a little but I feel fine.
Glad you made it home! Pittsburg Airport is so nice compared to O'Hare which is always a nightmare.

The sneezing and coughing is probably from all that big city polution. Good ole WV air will clear that right up....unless it's from the dogwoods!

Old 05-05-2009, 07:32 PM

130 posts, read 366,733 times
Glad you made it back as well, GHO. I don't fly and probably never will. It would probably take a lot of sedatives to get me on any kind of plane - so I don't plan on ever experiencing that anytime soon.

I still don't know what to make of this whole thing. I am really not that worried about it. I'm just tired of hearing conflicting reports. This is why I don't immerse myself in what TV news has to say. I watch it every once in awhile and draw my own conclusions based off of stuff I know, and stuff that I've seen.

Old 05-05-2009, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westvissouri View Post
I don't fly and probably never will. It would probably take a lot of sedatives to get me on any kind of plane - so I don't plan on ever experiencing that anytime soon.
As the resident Aviator, I take offense!

I'll take you up (helo or fixed wing, I'm rated in both). I'll put Herd in the other seat, and we'll discuss Gay Rights while zooming around the mountain tops. You do have a parachute, right...?

Old 05-06-2009, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinton Bound View Post
As the resident Aviator, I take offense!

I'll take you up (helo or fixed wing, I'm rated in both). I'll put Herd in the other seat, and we'll discuss Gay Rights while zooming around the mountain tops. You do have a parachute, right...?
Make sure your masks don't get tangled up in your parchutes!

I love flying in small planes. Jets scare the heck out of me. To many bad experiences I guess.

Old 05-06-2009, 08:50 PM

566 posts, read 1,574,830 times
WV has one confirmed case of Pig Flu on this map.
The website also shows a global map and totals of confirmed cases in each country, 1068 in the US to date.
HealthMap | Global disease alert map

Locally, quite a few people have been ill, with one rumored case of swine flu still unconfirmed after 5-days.

My son was diagnosed with walking pneumonia and upper RSV, and both of his sons have been sick. I feel lucky at the moment.

EDIT- Just had to add... Our local newscaster just called it the swoon flie virus.

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m63/supersport85/swineflumap5609.jpg (broken link)

Last edited by Two-Rivers; 05-06-2009 at 09:35 PM.. Reason: Locally...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia