Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2009, 08:13 PM

26 posts, read 75,724 times

Advertisements

Family of 3 plus well-behaved cat looking for a rental apartment/condo/home beginning in June (or at least before August). Wood County, North Parkersburg, Vienna, Williamstown, Waverly would all be good locations.

2 or 3 bedrooms necessary. Near an elementary school is a plus. We are living in Charleston and would like a place to transition while we search for a house to buy. We would probably rent for at least 3 months, and if happy with the rental, might rent for a year or more while we build a home instead of purchasing an already built one.

If you know of a house, or know of a place besides Craigslist, ForRent.com, and the Parkersburg Classifieds to search, we would much appreciate it.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2009, 09:56 PM

566 posts, read 1,579,240 times
Check The Mid-Ohio Valley Bulletin Board, a publication available at almost every gas station from Kenna, WV to Caldwell, Ohio.

Might be hard to find a three month lease.

Old 04-29-2009, 04:14 PM

thank you, working on obtaining that now i did some further reading on the board last night, T-R, I believe the MOV Bulletin Board should provide you with a complementary copy for all the publicity

Old 05-01-2009, 04:32 PM

I mention the BB enough, maybe I should post a disclaimer.

Just happened to think, I've bought a copy almost every week for at least 30 years.

Old 05-01-2009, 07:30 PM

938 posts, read 2,898,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-Rivers View Post
I mention the BB enough, maybe I should post a disclaimer.

Just happened to think, I've bought a copy almost every week for at least 30 years.
Once when I was in high school, my friend used that thing for an awful prank against one of our teachers at PHS. This was back when the Playstation 2 was all the rage and people couldn't find it for the Christmas holiday. This teacher sent him to detention for 3 days straight...so what does he do? He calls in an ad...and that Wednesday it read:

For Sale: Sony Playstation 2. Asking $350. I work second shift, call after my shift between the hours of 1AM and 3AM to inquire. 304-485-5555.

Quite a clever prank...kid never got caught, either.

Thinking about PHS makes me think of lunch at the Pizza Place...which makes me very depressed that I can't have a slice...

Old 05-02-2009, 09:27 AM

If you were a student, you still couldn't get a slice at lunch time, students can't leave the campus at any school now.

That prank has been done a few times, they started using a code system for a while, after someone made an ad with a DuPont phone number, advertising a sexual act for sale.

Then there was the ad: Wanted, discarded Christmas trees, will pay $5 each. Some poor victim's phone rang for days.

Quite a few deals in there this week, property for sale or rent, and I found two John Deere tractors for the farm.

Old 05-04-2009, 08:39 PM

excellent advice - i got one, and have been calling the rentals - this is definitely the source i've been looking for. i'm not going to look at any of the other sections until after i've moved, i got a kiln on freecycle here in charleston a while ago and am waiting to pick it up until we have a moving truck instead of trying to move it twice
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia