Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 10:11 AM

246 posts, read 880,258 times

Advertisements

Lets talk about shoving stuff "down our throats" I don't want national health care shoved down my throat! I don't want a hybrid car shoved down my throat! As for abstinence if for some reason your husband could not have sex i guess you would start cheating? As for your brother why did he join in the first place? As for your "fetus" say someone kicked you in the stomach and you lost the baby,sorry fetus, all they could charge the person with is battery not murder right? As for the homos they have all the rights i do guaranteed in the Constitution. Obama will destroy this country. All the dumb stuff he is doing, history has shown will not work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2009, 10:35 AM

566 posts, read 1,578,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kookamus View Post

GLAD YOU ARE HAPPY (with real pictures of a false flag operation taking place)
False flag - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 06-06-2009, 12:11 PM

246 posts, read 880,258 times
Looks like even the Moslems don't like obama.

LiveLeak.com - Barack Gets Rebuffed on Saudi Welcome Line

Old 06-06-2009, 12:35 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,399,983 times
OK folks!!!
I too am guilty. I think we have all explained our thoughts on the body politic, however, this is the WV thread.

Let's take the tune to how Libertarians will help or hinder the State of West Virginia.
If not, I'm going to need to move this to the Politics forum....

Okie Dokie??

Old 06-06-2009, 12:55 PM

28 posts, read 79,684 times
I am glad to see some reasonable people exist in the state I am moving to. I am socially left, and would like to be fiscally conservative. But at this point, my convictions to social issues keep me voting democrat. The fact is, we have to just agree to let differences exist. Despite the fact that I don't want children, I think it is important that we take care of the planet and allow it to exist for the future. I do not believe a fetus is yet a human life and is worthy of "murder" charges. It makes me sad that so many people are willing to put on the "Not In My Backyard" hat and forget about people.

Old 06-06-2009, 01:42 PM

275 posts, read 707,659 times
I'm just glad that we live in a country where we CAN be different and can disagree without fear of punishment. Some countries don't have that freedom.

As for WV, I love this state, my home state. I know that it is a predominately "red" state, many conservatives and GOP members, but that doesn't mean I have to conform or change who I am to "fit in". I love this state, the fact that we are warm and welcoming people and that our state has provided valuable resources for generations. (such as Coal).

I think it is great that people respond the way they do. Shows that even though we are all the same, we are also all different. If that makes any sense...

Have a great weekend guys!

Old 06-07-2009, 02:27 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,399,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia View Post
OK folks!!!
I too am guilty. I think we have all explained our thoughts on the body politic, however, this is the WV thread.

Let's take the tune to how Libertarians will help or hinder the State of West Virginia.
If not, I'm going to need to move this to the Politics forum....

Okie Dokie??[
B][/b]

Again, let's keep this related to WV. We do NOT want to send this to the politics forum.

Old 06-07-2009, 02:43 PM

4,714 posts, read 13,309,748 times
One of my favorite Libertarians...Drunken Senator Ted Kennedy, is going to make it a government mandate for all business to carry the insurance of its employees...

We now carry a heavy burden of Workers Compensation to the State of Wv.
This added cost will force many small businesses under when we have struggled to keep afloat in the Obama Depression.

It will almost make it worthwhile to fire all the workers and use the illegals..
I mean if the government is going to put you out of business...do it and make a little money in the time you have left...

Isn't this the exact same thing that has been done with the Stimulus Package?

Take all the money and run...put the big businesses out of business...print so much paper that it cannot be redeemed and let the people rot on their unemployment checks for a few months...
When they drop off the roles, the media will say that employment has begun to decrease...

What fools we are and Drunken Ted will have this as a epitaph on his tombstone...
That he did his part to put the USA in the grave.

I hope Mary Joe is waiting at the Judgement Bar for him...won't be long.
He could have done a lot with his tenure in the Senate but chose to be a miserable failure instead.

Old 06-08-2009, 01:10 PM

967 posts, read 2,994,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikongirl24 View Post
My brother served over in Iraq and Afghanistan 3 separate times...He was asked to shoot CHILDREN AND CIVILIANS. Yeah, that's the war I thought we were fighting?? He went AWOL; can you blame him? I wouldn't kill in the name of our country either, not children, not civilians. For no reason.
As a military officer with four tours to the Middle East, I will tell you that did not happen. No one is ever told (or asked) to shoot children or civilians. As the local insurgents do not wear uniforms, and are not part of a traditional fighting force, they may be LOOK like civilians- right up to the point that they pull out their weapons and try to kill you.

I can blame him for going AWOL. He VOLUNTEERED for service in the ARMED forces. Was he not smart enough to think that may involve ARMED conflict? He raised his hand, and SWORE an oath... he gave his word that he would serve for a period of years. Then he ran away because he didn't like it. A person that isn't worth their word isn't worth anything. Good ridance as far as I'm concerned.

Old 06-08-2009, 02:09 PM

3,106 posts, read 7,372,081 times
Will respect Georgia and not go into what I am unhappy with about Obama's admin. However....

I'm a Democrat but certainly agree with the Liberterians on a number of issues they address on their website.
They say:
Quote:
The only proper role of government in the economic realm is to protect property rights, adjudicate disputes, and provide a legal framework in which voluntary trade is protected. All efforts by government to redistribute wealth, or to control or manage trade, are improper in a free society."
http://www.lp.org/issues/current-issues

Well, that pretty much looks like what our founding fathers wanted. The Constitution and the Bill of Rights establishes the limits of the Feds.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Liberterian party doesn't gain a lot more members as the Feds continue to step on the Constitution.
Our forefathers would cry if they witnessed our govt taking control of healthy banks, taking ownership of car industries, telling private citizens they have to forfeit their business, declaring contracts to worthless, and the list goes on and on.
GM Bondholders Unite Official Website - Learn about our effort to organize GM retail bondholders in order to defend our - Pressrelease
MarketWatch.com Story
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia