Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 06:27 PM

4 posts, read 9,918 times

Advertisements

Well just to update everybody I called the phone number listed on their website and they answered a few of my questions:

1. They stick-build on site, and do not use modular parts (they say this lets them make more custom changes)
2. They said that the community is on Cheat Lake (I asked them about your comment about it being on the "other" side of the lake - they sounded confused at first and said "it's on the other side from Lakeview, but the lake is still Cheat Lake)
3. They said that I couldn't meet with a sales person yet because the main road is going to be paved in the next few days, but I have a meeting scheduled with them as soon as the road is completed (in a little over a week).

I'll update everyone with what I find out after actually meeting with them. I may take some pictures too - though I don't know how to share them here...or even if I can.

Thanks all for your help and advice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2009, 05:03 AM

3,106 posts, read 7,361,624 times
Thanks for the update. Keep us informed.

Old 07-28-2009, 06:35 AM

4 posts, read 9,918 times
Sorry for such delay, but I was finally able to actually sit down and meet someone!

First off, they threw a really big party at the community last Saturday that was a ton of fun. They had a bounce house, popcorn, cotton candy, bag toss for gift cards, and other prizes. They took me through the model home they are building and all I can say is WOW it was big and totally my style.

Anyway I finally got to sit down with the sales girl there (Lori) and she gave me some pricing information and confirmed a few other things:
1. They are indeed a custom builder. She said as long as it is "safe and structuraly ok, and isn't ugly" then they can build it. You can move rooms, walls, windows, or start from scratch if you don't like one of their designs.
2. They have two VERY large homes already sold and underconstruction in the estate section of the community. It will be fun to watch the progress of these...
3. They have also sold several homes in the traditional community section.

Overall I was pretty impressed. They seem like they have their act together, and I'm very impressed with the homes themselves. Currently I'm having them get me a price on several custom changes to make sure we can really afford what we want.... but it's looking promising!

Old 07-29-2009, 09:50 AM

2 posts, read 4,603 times
I am interested to hear what you find out about pricing and SF. My fam is considering a move to Morgantown. Hubby interviews soon and we are headed there to explore the area next week. Looking for some seclusion and lots of trees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia