U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 09:58 PM

10,147 posts, read 14,308,576 times

Advertisements

This is a British report about the global warming ripoff. It's a bit long, but well worth the time needed to watch it. It explains how the politicos have been taking us for a ride and are now so commited to the fiasco that they can't back down in spite of obvious evidence the whole thing is a lie, else they lose face.

YouTube - The Great Global Warming Swindle - Produced by WAGTV
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2009, 01:52 AM

4,714 posts, read 12,815,281 times
Has anybody seen Alfred Gore?

I thought he was educating (traveling everywhere for huge speaking fees) the planet about this impending doom.

Has he been sent to the funny farm with Madelyn Albright, Janet Reno and Joycelyn Elders?

Old 07-07-2009, 04:24 AM

938 posts, read 2,789,766 times
As with most things, I'm rather certain the truth lies in between the two extreme views. If you don't think we are harming the environment even just a tad with the whole industrial revolution thing, you are as nutty as Al Gore.

I like the pace the world community is going at right now. Slow, gradual change...not to upset the world economy with a sudden change in energy paradigms and all...

Old 07-07-2009, 07:03 AM

4,714 posts, read 12,815,281 times
Thank you, WVUPharm2007, for the observation.

When Politico's are involved in Anything I get suspisious...just something that can't be helped...
Like opossums eating carrion along the roadside...something draws them to easy money.

I'm very much for saving, maintaining and perpetuating our environment...as a matter of fact, I'm Very conscious of it.

What worries me is this fact...it's done on a regional basis...and some regions are the largest polluters and they are being allowed to pillage and destroy our planet while we pay them to do so...(China and India, who have both told the world to go fly a kite)

Every item you buy at Walmart keeps the soot coming to Portland, Oregon. With China's population boom, Africa should be colonized by them, at least by the end of this century..

The industrial revolution in this country ended in the 1970's...you must have missed it.

Old 07-07-2009, 07:03 AM

1,975 posts, read 4,262,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUPharm2007 View Post
As with most things, I'm rather certain the truth lies in between the two extreme views. If you don't think we are harming the environment even just a tad with the whole industrial revolution thing, you are as nutty as Al Gore.

I like the pace the world community is going at right now. Slow, gradual change...not to upset the world economy with a sudden change in energy paradigms and all...
I am also quite satisfied with how many leading world leaders are addressing the global warming issue. I tend to think it is a combination of human contributions and natural climate cycles but who really knows.

And as far as Al Gore talking about impending doom for the planet...I seem to recall quite a few people on here actively participating in a thread called "Getting Ready for the Collapse." Pot.. have you met kettle?

And DK I also tend to agree with you that we should probably take a harsher stand with China and other major world polluters. It doesn't really seem fair for the United States, Canada, and European nations to be the only ones trying to take a stand for the environment.

Old 07-07-2009, 08:33 AM

10,147 posts, read 14,308,576 times
The real point here is not that pollution is good. Nobody wants the air we breathe to be dirty. The point is, this alarmist global warming nonsense is bogus and based on either faulty science or no science at all. There is no sense to pushing our economy to the stone ages, destroying our middle class, and imposing thousands of dollars of increased energy costs on every American taxpayer with garbage alarmist notions. Humans are not causing CO2 global warming. It is a natural phenom.

And the dirty part of energy production can be logically dealt with. Our power plants have already found a way to remove most of the particulates from smoke stack releases, and since the primary remaining factor is CO2 emissions and the amount of those emissions is negligible in terms of what happens in nature, there is no logic to the alarmist arguments. Equally, the world's cows are not culprits because they emit farts. We need to be telling these wacko bozos to shut the hell up and find something actually real to keep everyone stirred up about... like Government gradually taking away individual rights, or refusing to carry out the will of the people, or elitists who use their superior financial resources to dominate the rest of us, giving us no real say in what takes place in the public sphere.

Old 07-07-2009, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAmtneer82 View Post
And DK I also tend to agree with you that we should probably take a harsher stand with China and other major world polluters. It doesn't really seem fair for the United States, Canada, and European nations to be the only ones trying to take a stand for the environment.
That's the thing though...the US quite literally NEEDS the Chinese and Indians to pollute. They need energy...energy (petrol) is bought internationally in dollars by protocol. Thus...they send the US crap...we send them greenbacks...they buy oil...the Saudis just sit on it for us. If China stopped polluting...that means they would have had a shift in paradigm with their energy policy...which means they wouldn't need us anymore...which mean the American petrodollar honey pot would cease to be...

Ah...how complex and uneasy to solve the world is...

Old 07-07-2009, 03:37 PM

3,106 posts, read 7,120,643 times
How did the Cap & Trade vote pass Congress?.....

Quote:
Having crunched the numbers, Kerpen points out that out of 50 state delegations, 28 voted "No" and only 22 voted "Aye" on the House bill, and that more than a quarter of the votes in came from just two states: New York and California. Additionally:........
Numbers Adding Up Against Obama's "Cap and Trade" Bill in the Senate - Peter Roff (usnews.com)
????? 2 states set the rules for all America ?????????

Old 07-07-2009, 04:21 PM

Well, those two states DO represent something like 1/5 or 1/6 of the US population, right? It's not that crazy of a stat.

Old 07-07-2009, 04:28 PM

3,106 posts, read 7,120,643 times

Cartogram shows congressional districts with equal area.
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-2454
(Cap & Trade vote results)

Only problem is that they do not have the same needs as the rest of the country and considering the state which Cal is in - that is a little scary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia