Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 07:54 PM

4,714 posts, read 13,275,578 times

Advertisements

I hope our Libs can change the 10,000 years social customs of India in two generations, like they did ours.

What I'm saying is this...My people came here to opportunity in the 1750's. They left a homeland in civil war...a land they loved.
If I must be a pioneer to a new land, I want that land to have conservative moral values and opportunity.

We have a caste system here...can't you see it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2009, 08:20 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,864,694 times
If someone doesn't drive the truck; the lights don't burn.

I have a nephew that I believe is making 90K a year repairing these trucks and other items that need 'fixin' at the mines. If that isn't making something of yourself, I guess he will just have to be a nothing. The bad part is he would like to make less but he can't find anyone wanting to work for $27 per hour starting wage so he works more hours than he should be working with a young family.

Old 08-18-2009, 08:28 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,864,694 times
Watch the spelling bees and other school competitions and you will take note of the number of Asian or Indian (not Native American Indian) being the top students.

My comparison of these students to the American students is this: For their thirst of learning consider a funnel -- the American students have the small end turned up while the Asian or Indian students have the wide open up turned up to collect all the knowledge they can. That is a signifcant difference. Parents of these students push them hard to learn all they can while our American families want their students to feel good about themselves more often than they want their students pushed academically.

Old 08-18-2009, 09:09 PM

19,446 posts, read 22,362,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post
We have a caste system here...can't you see it?
Please. If you honestly think that there exists a caste system in this country on par or even close to that of India..

No right minded person with a modicum of Christian beliefs would for one second consider the system of class structure in India 'moral'.

Old 08-19-2009, 07:40 PM

773 posts, read 2,619,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by red.ochre View Post
I live in West Virginia. I like it here. If you don't like West Virginia and have no interest other than to smear it, there's already a border between us -- don't cross it.

Moderator : request deleting that user's post as it has nothing to do with this thread other than to be disruptive (can delete mine after that too). Thanks.
Oh my!

Global warming is real and cap and trade policies will be coming. There is no future in coal mining. Just sayin'.

Just as there is no future in steel making in this country. Pittsburgh adjusted rather smartly, and now it is a leader in education and medicine.

If you are in denial, fine, I understand that. But there's no need to shoot the messenger.

Old 08-19-2009, 08:29 PM

300 posts, read 817,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zea mays View Post
Oh my!

Global warming is real and cap and trade policies will be coming. There is no future in coal mining. Just sayin'.

Just as there is no future in steel making in this country. Pittsburgh adjusted rather smartly, and now it is a leader in education and medicine.

If you are in denial, fine, I understand that. But there's no need to shoot the messenger.
It's estimated 1,000 lobbyists are involved with cap and trade, and you support that corruption? Companies like GE will profit if cap and trade is passed in an industry that does not exist without legislation creating it, and that translates to political influence and propaganda . . for example, MSNBC is owned 50% by Microsoft and 50% by NBC. NBC is owned 80% by GE. Even Greepeace disavowed the cap and trade bill.

You don't know me, or my environmental views, so take your insult about denial and stick it.

You're in Chicago? You consider West Virginia an "in need" state?

At a glance, Chicago, you are "in need" of some lessons in real estate. 101 : real estate never goes up, wages go up. Maybe being a sanctuary city for illegal aliens has helped improve wages in Chicago?

http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeqrguz/housingbubble/chicago.png (broken link)

Just sayin'

Not much difference between here and there . . except maybe six years of value has evaporated there.

Just sayin'

Maybe you are "in need" of some education re : coal too.

Coal consumption (most recent) by country
Australia Coal Consumption by Year (Million Short Tons)
World coal consumption - Maps and Graphics at UNEP/GRID-Arendal

Chicago Coal Power Plants :
* Fisk Generating Station at 1111 W. Cermak
* Crawford Generating Station at 3501 S. Pulaski

Both are owned by . . "Midwest Generation, a subsidiary of California-based Edison International, a corporation which sells electricity to Commonwealth Edison. None of the power generated at Fisk and Crawford is actually sold to Illinois utilities, but rather is used to maintain reliabity of the electrical grid during peak times."

You threaten the people of West Virginia, that there would be consequences, because the majority did not vote for Obummer?

Don't worry, nobody will shoot you for being an idiot.

Last edited by red.ochre; 08-19-2009 at 09:54 PM..

Old 08-20-2009, 02:01 AM

4,714 posts, read 13,275,578 times
Pittsburgh's transition was very painful. It was a dead city for years.

It also had individual money and the benefits of a surging capitalist economy to bring it out of its ruins.

Obama's plans do not include creating jobs. What does that mean?
Certainly an adjustment of sorts, an adjustment of liability and where does that lie?

In an entire generation of old people that must be adjusted (taken off the books)
That's how it's done in the corporate world.

I'm reminded of the millions of Russians who starved to death in 1946/48...Who were they? the old and the very young.
Those Russians boiled their young too, just like the Germans did. Kindersnitzel..

Wonder if we will see that here? Will we have a Marshall Plan to save our country?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia