Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2009, 05:07 PM

2 posts, read 5,820 times

Advertisements

Hello. Native Pittsburgher moving to WV. I just graduated from college and just received a job that will be located in Fairmont.

I'm looking for a nice apartment in the area. From what I've read (and seen), Fairmont is a dying town which is why I am also considering Morgantown. I would like to find an area relatively close to Fairmont, but also close to where people actually are.

I like to be active, so I would like to find a place where I can go for a jog, ride my bike, or find a game of frisbee or soccer going on. I have been trying to do some research online and not having a lot of luck. I found Brunswick aparments, they seem okay.

I was also wondering if anyone knows anything about lakeside village apartments. Their website says they have 1bdr apartments for $565 and they seem really nice. I know that would be a bit of a drive from cheat lake to fairmont.

Any help on finding an apartment in the area will be much appreciated. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2009, 04:57 AM

671 posts, read 1,057,529 times
Start looking in Westover. It takes my wife 30 mins total trip from our driveway to her office in downtown Fairmont. And she never has to deal with Motown traffic. Sabraton might also work for you, but is likely another few minutes away.

Old 08-18-2009, 05:04 PM

2 posts, read 5,820 times
Thanks for the info. Does anyone know how the area in Fairmont is or should I just stick with the westover area?

Old 08-18-2009, 07:05 PM

671 posts, read 1,057,529 times
Now, Westover is good if you're looking to be close to downtown Morgantown, but not bound by the traffic patterns. Fairmont has some nice areas too, though I'm not familiar with the area. Any advice out there?

Old 08-20-2009, 04:42 PM

9 posts, read 20,370 times
I am pretty sure Lakeside Village doesn't have any openings. I just inquired a few days ago. I think they only have a 3 bedroom. Probably farther than you want to be anyway.

Old 08-20-2009, 04:47 PM

9 posts, read 20,370 times
Anybody have information on Braemar Townhomes? I have the lease agreement for a 2 bedroom in my hands as we speak. I don't live in the area, so I am just going on what I saw on my brief visit a couple weeks ago. I didn't even get to see the interior. If anyone has any suggestions for a 1-2 bedroom rental near the I-68 and away from the WVU students, I would appreciate it. I will be working in Hazelton.

Rental prices are high in Morgantown. Guitarmaster you might be able to save a couple hundred bucks a month staying in Fairmont??

Old 08-21-2009, 08:52 AM

86 posts, read 250,091 times
If your young and still pretty active i would stick with Morgantown, its general the traffic i dont think exist (then again i grew up near DC) but most of the things you can do are in walking distance if you live in dowtown, the ride would take about 15-20 mins. In fairmont if you look closer to the highway on the southern fairmont exits, there are a few newers homes and condos and a little more as far as restaurants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia