Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 09:51 AM

938 posts, read 2,898,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post
New Party in the wings, GHO...Libertatian...will have a lot of clout in the next election...might even field the new President.
Um...no...the Libertarians are even more bat**** insane than the two major parties. They actually think the unregulated free market is a viable solution to all of our problems. I'd like to think that some day a candidate will say, "yeah...let's be honest...a mixed economy is the most viable in today's world"...but that does please the idiot ideologues. All a strong libertarian candidate would do is Ralph Nader the GOP vote and the Dems win. Just the sad state of politics in the US. A 3rd party isn't going to be viable for the foreseeable future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2009, 10:18 AM

19,779 posts, read 22,673,762 times
Not unless the independents form a common sense party, leaving the batsh*t crazy neo-cons and liberal whacks to themselves.

Old 09-27-2009, 12:55 PM

967 posts, read 2,995,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUPharm2007 View Post
Um...no...the Libertarians are even more bat**** insane than the two major parties. They actually think the unregulated free market is a viable solution to all of our problems. I'd like to think that some day a candidate will say, "yeah...let's be honest...a mixed economy is the most viable in today's world"...but that does please the idiot ideologues. All a strong libertarian candidate would do is Ralph Nader the GOP vote and the Dems win. Just the sad state of politics in the US. A 3rd party isn't going to be viable for the foreseeable future.
Yeah, I can see how Libertarians would be so bad for WV. Just look at the stellar job we tolerate from the 2 party (1, really) system.

Explain how Libertarianism is "bat**** insane".

You assume the populace is incapable of doing something (regulating the economy)- therefore governmental intervention is the solution. When has ANYTHING the government meddled with become a better/cheaper/more efficient product??? That, Pharm, is bat**** insanity.

Old 09-27-2009, 02:17 PM

4,714 posts, read 13,315,952 times
One thing is for sure...

Wv has been DIS-satisfied with the status-quo for several years...the Moneyhand and Rahull money is huge and keeps everybody out of the running but other crooks...

I hope that the citizenry can 'grease the skids for these parasites and give them a ticket to the Bahamas where they can look after their hidden bank accounts in peace.

Our entire country will protest at the polls...it will be hard to rig these up and coming elections...

What is needed more than anything is to keep a wary eye on how they vote...

they try to hide the legislation, bulldoze it through, or cover the meanings up with semantics and gobbelty-g**k.

It will be up to us to de-cypher their codes and keep things transparent.

I'm watching every vote they make...trying to find out what was hidden from us in the 'Budget now.

Old 09-28-2009, 06:57 AM

10,147 posts, read 15,047,810 times
The sooner West Virginia cuts its losses and tosses these two bozos out
of office the better. With the Chicago regime essentially running the country right now, you can imagine the fertile ground available for them to exploit.

Old 09-28-2009, 05:44 PM

4,714 posts, read 13,315,952 times
Several of you are very astute...let me pick into your graymatter...just a thought.

Say our government IS run by gangsters.

Remember what happened when the USSR went bankrupt? ans: Mobs and underworld cronies stepped forward to handle and develop the goods and service for the russian population..

Am I ringing any bells here?

Bankrupt the USA and who steps in to run GM, Bank of America and the hospitals from one end of the country to the other...
the mob has hundreds of lawyers now and people in every venue...

why not take the whole tamale and let the smoke screens be blamed on minorities and failed policies like Affirmative Action and the Great Society..

We've had this on a small scale here in Wv for years...(wasn't that transparent to me)...If all the money from the Great Society had been given out to every individual in Applachia, everybody would be a millionaire.
Same with the Stimulus Money Grab.

Any discussion on this...I'm voting for the candidate with "no money and No money behind him/her!

Mr. Money-in-hand is invisible...hides from everybody who has a question...

Rocky was a head cheerleader for these policies until the Rank and File of the UMWA called him on the carpet 2 weeks ago.

Part of the thing to do is watch how they vote each day...

Say a prayer for RCB....we need him more than ever...

Last edited by David Kennedy; 09-28-2009 at 06:38 PM..

Old 09-29-2009, 06:09 AM

967 posts, read 2,995,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post
...I'm voting for the candidate with "no money and No money behind him...
Well shucks, that's me! Look out Rahall, your days are numbered!

Old 09-29-2009, 09:43 AM

532 posts, read 1,091,347 times
So you voted for Icky Frye for governor?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia