Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2009, 08:57 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,963,557 times

Advertisements

Despite the newspaper giving a 20 point spread to the Mountaineers - I've just got to say out loud - GO HERD!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2009, 11:00 AM

1,946 posts, read 4,059,539 times
Let's go Mountaineers!

Old 10-17-2009, 01:01 PM

1,981 posts, read 5,976,742 times
Lets Go Herd !!!

Is this like virtual tailgating? ha ha

I was texting one of my good friends who happens to go to WVU. She asked me if I was at the game this year, and I replied with "too broke, and too cold." ha ha I told her I would drink on my couch though inside with heat and be tailgating with her in spirit. We then had about 5 texts back and forth of "lets go 'eers" "lets go herd" ha ha

Old 10-17-2009, 06:01 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,869,845 times
Put aside the hype and it wasn't a bad game to watch. It is unfortunate that there were so many turnovers on both teams' part.

As the fourth quarter started, I told my wife that I hoped neither team made mistakes the rest of the game and just let the better team by playing better. Just as the words left my mouth, Marshall had the fumble or interception and spoiler my dream.

Old 10-17-2009, 06:21 PM

1,946 posts, read 4,059,539 times
Seems like it was Marshall's game to lose this year, but they kept shooting themselves in the foot in the 2nd half. As did WVU in the 1st half. I hope WVU's qb Jarrett Brown is ok, he took a vicious hit in the head.

Old 10-17-2009, 07:10 PM

938 posts, read 2,891,527 times
I hate the WVU-Marshall series. I can't think of a school more irrelevant to me in college football than Marshall. If Marshall was in the same tier of talent as WVU, that'd be one thing...but we're talking about a mid-major team that gives nothing to WVU insofar as being a quality opponent. WVU playing 2 games in 7 years in Huntington is a loss of a few million dollars. If they are going to play a weak team to pad the record, at least make them come to Morgantown...

Old 10-18-2009, 12:37 PM

10,147 posts, read 14,998,823 times
Default ^^^^pharm is spot on^^^^^

The game serves little purpose for West Virginia except
to fill a slot on the schedule. In fact, it benefits primarily
Marshall in that WVU brings far more to the table. West
Virginia has everything to lose and little to gain. Marshall
has everything to gain and nothing to lose. It is one
sided in the cost - benefit analysis and the only way to
even it out is to play most of the games in Morgantown.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:48 PM

2,017 posts, read 4,591,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
The game serves little purpose for West Virginia except
to fill a slot on the schedule. In fact, it benefits primarily
Marshall in that WVU brings far more to the table. West
Virginia has everything to lose and little to gain. Marshall
has everything to gain and nothing to lose. It is one
sided in the cost - benefit analysis and the only way to
even it out is to play most of the games in Morgantown.
I absolutely agree with you on this one. In fact I just got back into town a little while ago after being in Morgantown for part of the weekend including the game. There were fewer people at this game than most in recent years. I'm sure the crappy weather played a slight role but I've seen sold out WVU games in near zero temps. The Pitt game a few years back comes to mind.

Look on the bright side guys...for right now at least we are #22 in the AP rankings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia