U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2009, 10:49 AM

3 posts, read 5,448 times

Advertisements

My husband and I will be moving to Buckhannon with our pets. We want to rent. I couldn't find anything online about renting in Buckhannon. Can anybody give me some advice where to look or who to contact. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2010, 12:24 PM

1 posts, read 2,575 times
Default Buchannon...would like some info please

I am thinking of getting a house in Buckhannon around the Hickory Flat Rd area. Does anyone have any photos of the area or information on it? I'd like to know if there are any major store chains for grocery shopping and how the job situation is. I'm a photographer and artist. What kind of entertainment venues are nearby and where does everyone go to do things?

Any photos are greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Michele720; 07-15-2010 at 12:28 PM.. Reason: Misspelling the town name.

Old 07-15-2010, 12:29 PM

5,195 posts, read 7,135,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele720 View Post
I am thinking of getting a house in Buchannon. Does anyone have any photos of the area or information on it? I'd like to know if there are any major store chains for grocery shopping and how the job situation is. I'm a photographer and artist. What kind of entertainment venues are nearby and where does everyone go to do things?

Any photos are greatly appreciated.
I don't have any pics sorry,

Walmart and Lowes are in Buckhannon

I think a Krogers or a Foodland, probably a Shop N' save

The Great Sights of WV are close

Old 07-16-2010, 08:24 AM

3 posts, read 7,719 times
I know a little bit about Buckhannon because my ex-husband and sons live there.

It is a very small town. Mostly supported by Wesleyan College. There should be housing rentals due to all the college kids. You may have to find a realtor to help you out with those. There are not a lot of apartments, a group of townhouses off the main road but I know they are always occupied. As posted above there is a Kroger and Walmart, Dollar general type store. A few mom and pop restaurants that are good. No major shopping...if you want clothes, shoes etc... you will have to drive to Bridgeport (40 min). There are not a lot of jobs. My son is 18 and cannot find anything. Again you will have to commute for that. If you like small towns it is a good place to be.

Old 07-16-2010, 05:57 PM

3,105 posts, read 6,756,742 times
For house rental, try one of the real estate offices.

Buckhannanon is a very nice small town, very clean, I'd even venture to call it charming. Lived there and family still lives there. If you want a small town feel, I highly recommend Buckhannon.

Don't know much about the job situation except that all of our family members who live there have good paying jobs. A lot of people who live in Bkn work outside of town - many at the FBI plant in Clarksburg. If you are already from WV, you know that it's pretty normal to live 30 or so miles from your place of work.

Great thing about Buckhannon:
* Go one direction it's an easy drive to hit I-79 then 1/2 hr to Clarksburg, 1 hour to Morgantown, 2-3 hrs to Pittsburgh or head in the other direction on I-79 and it's 2 hrs to Charleston.
* Go in the other direction for about 1 hour and hit the beauty and outdoors fun of Canaan Valley.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia