U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2011, 01:27 PM

204 posts, read 366,459 times

Advertisements

sure we do!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2011, 08:34 AM

144 posts, read 288,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th Direction View Post
Yeah, but there's one in Martinsburg. Do we really need ANOTHER one so close?
With the price of gas and the fact I drive right by it every day I work heck yes we need it. Not to mention Jefferson County has thousands of horses which will be great for Tractor Supply.

Old 06-29-2011, 03:30 PM

606 posts, read 872,084 times
Default New Tenants Coming to the Potomac Towne Center

Looks like after a year of nothing three tenants are coming to the PTC next to the Weis supermarket. One is a music instrument store/rentals etc. Another is Keller Williams Reality and the last is Hibbet Sports a sports store.

Old 07-01-2011, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by venture2000 View Post
Looks like after a year of nothing three tenants are coming to the PTC next to the Weis supermarket. One is a music instrument store/rentals etc. Another is Keller Williams Reality and the last is Hibbet Sports a sports store.
Hibbett should do well in there and happy to have a sports store close.

Old 07-02-2011, 08:50 AM

204 posts, read 366,459 times
What this area needs is a Red Lobster!

Old 07-06-2011, 09:48 AM

385 posts, read 1,759,297 times
Quote:
I saw that Ellsworth Music is moving from their tiny Charles Town store to the shopping center. Good for them!

Old 08-19-2011, 08:08 PM

Default Ellsworth Music Now Open

I went to the PTC this evening and discovered that they are now open. In the former location of Anytime Fitness.

Old 08-20-2011, 07:13 PM

5,195 posts, read 7,129,395 times
Does Charles Town need a new Walmart? I don't know how old the one is you have now, but if it needed replaced, then the PTC would be great. And what about Sam's Club, is there one anywhere near there?

Old 08-21-2011, 06:26 PM

Default Walmart/Sam's Club

The Walmart in Charles Town has to be the smallest supercenter I have ever seen in my life. I doubt that they will dump the store, build and move to a new location since they just remodeled it last year.

As for Sam's Club very very doubtful. They are very selective where they build their stores. In fact in Northern VA their is only two (Sterling and Woodbridge). In the 4 state area, there is only two (Hagerstown and Frederick) I don't see why they would want to build one in the Charles Town/Ranson area with the hagerstown and Frederick locations so close.

It would make better sense to put a BJ's in the old Lowes location in Martinsburg.- Then 4 state residents would have all three. Costco (in Winchester) BJ's (in Martinsburg) and Sam's (in Hagerstown).

Last edited by venture2000; 08-21-2011 at 06:28 PM.. Reason: Forgot about Frederick MD

Old 08-23-2011, 04:57 PM

Quote:
The Walmart in Charles Town has to be the smallest supercenter I have ever seen in my life. I doubt that they will dump the store, build and move to a new location since they just remodeled it last year.

As for Sam's Club very very doubtful. They are very selective where they build their stores. In fact in Northern VA their is only two (Sterling and Woodbridge). In the 4 state area, there is only two (Hagerstown and Frederick) I don't see why they would want to build one in the Charles Town/Ranson area with the hagerstown and Frederick locations so close.

It would make better sense to put a BJ's in the old Lowes location in Martinsburg.- Then 4 state residents would have all three. Costco (in Winchester) BJ's (in Martinsburg) and Sam's (in Hagerstown).
Before the building boom collapsed I heard of a plan to build a new supercenter directly behind the one already there with an entrance off Country Club Road which makes very good sense. As for a Sam's I don't see it either but would love it. We are a member of Sam's and Costco (for gas) in Frederick and since I drive by it going to work makes it convenient but CT needs one or the other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia