Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 07:08 PM

4,081 posts, read 3,604,520 times

Advertisements

Also of note: Dan Ryan Builders has purchased the remaining townhome lots in Briar Run (behind Potomac Marketplace). It says there are some homes available now, so they must be actively building.

https://www.danryanbuilders.com/comm...own/briar-run/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2018, 08:33 PM

456 posts, read 602,624 times
I thought it was posted awhile back that Marshalls had pulled out. Its a shame that area should be loaded with stores ,restaurants and hotels. Who ever is supposed to be developing this shopping area is doing a poor job. Places I would think would love to come to a growing area.

Old 09-20-2018, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D T WV MOUNTAINS View Post
I thought it was posted awhile back that Marshalls had pulled out. Its a shame that area should be loaded with stores ,restaurants and hotels. Who ever is supposed to be developing this shopping area is doing a poor job. Places I would think would love to come to a growing area.
That WAS posted a while back, but it's still on the leasing brochure (although, the leasing brochure isn't dated).

I'm not even sure who owns it anymore. It was developed by Carl Freeman Companies, but they had a bunch of financial difficulty. Their website's link to the Potomac Towne Center is broken, which makes me think they may no longer be invested in it.

Old 10-24-2018, 06:23 PM

19,506 posts, read 9,534,290 times
Default Bob Evans Soon to be El Ranchero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
I'm sure it is a big adjustment from going to Leesburg from Charles Town.

As for the Charles Town retail scene, I can't imagine much happening in the near future. The retail currently there isn't much more than pre-recession speculation (which is why big names like Costco and Best Buy were thrown around at one time). I have no doubt that Charles Town will continue to grow and prosper, but I can't imagine that rapid pre-recession growth coming back for quite a while.

Bob Evans closed down since you moved too. I'm not sure what the property will be used for, but the last time that I drove by, they were renovating the exterior.
Looks like the old Bob Evans is going to be El Ranchero now.

Old 10-24-2018, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
Looks like the old Bob Evans is going to be El Ranchero now.
It's good to see that building being utilized!

Old 10-24-2018, 06:42 PM

19,506 posts, read 9,534,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
It's good to see that building being utilized!
I miss Bob Evans - place to stop for breakfast on our way to Frederick, Md. area. Also like IHOP. I'm sure they're pleased to have the Hilton 2 and the other hotels surrounding. If not BE, maybe Denny's? Their skillet's are pretty good.

Old 11-24-2018, 12:32 AM

537 posts, read 958,558 times
The prospect of a movie theater at Potomac Town Center is being raised yet again.

Any reason to believe it this time??

Is a movie theater finally coming to Jefferson County? | News | spiritofjefferson.com

Old 11-29-2018, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunkydawg View Post
The prospect of a movie theater at Potomac Town Center is being raised yet again.

Any reason to believe it this time??

Is a movie theater finally coming to Jefferson County? | News | spiritofjefferson.com
Great news!

Old 11-29-2018, 05:34 PM

456 posts, read 602,624 times
Their website says coming soon!!!!!!!

Old 11-30-2018, 11:59 PM

735 posts, read 1,170,584 times
So this story has been resurrected. Frank's Theaters has been 'coming soon!' for the last ten years. If you conduct a news search, you will find articles stating they were going to open May 2008.

When I departed Ranson in 2014 they were still supposedly coming. Don't believe anything until they physically break ground.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia