U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many trick-or-treaters came to your house this year?
0 (zero) 7 36.84%
1-10 1 5.26%
11 - 20 2 10.53%
more than 21 9 47.37%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 07:53 PM

12,228 posts, read 6,612,861 times

Advertisements

I remember one year that we had tons of trick or treaters. Other years we had anywhere between 10 - 20 at most. When it falls on a Friday or Saturday, not a school nite, you'd think that there would be lots of them.
This year was a total bust. We went out and bought a few bags of candy. Good thing I still work and can bring the candy in for co-workers to share. I can see why people don't bother anymore. We live in a semi-subdivision and there are kids. Don't know what happened to them this year. How many came to your home on Halloween?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2009, 08:26 PM
Status: "Thou Shalt Not Lick the Surfaces of the "T"" (set 12 days ago)

31,060 posts, read 68,930,307 times
I had zero here in Reston, VA. Very depressing. My first year in the South, and it's proving to be a place that doesn't embrace the holidays. I didn't see many fireworks being fired off or see many American flags being flown either back around July 4th.

Old 11-01-2009, 02:04 AM

1,981 posts, read 5,453,414 times
In WV it could be attributed to there being less children of trick or treating age. We are becoming a state of geriatrics, elderly, and the retired.

Old 11-01-2009, 03:28 AM

108 posts, read 268,971 times
Here in Grafton, WV we had tons of kids, I'd guess 30-40. And a couple of adults out trick-or-treating for their sick kids at home.

Old 11-01-2009, 06:14 AM

12,600 posts, read 16,264,881 times
We had waaay less kids than last year. Last year was over a hundred, easy. This year maybe 20.

I think the weather (and the flu bug) may have had something to do with it.

Old 11-01-2009, 06:33 AM

4,473 posts, read 7,498,991 times
We had more this year in Huntington. Last year, we had about 200 kids and made it through the entire 2 hours of trick or treat with one trip out for more candy. This year, we bought more candy and still had to go out for more and even then we ran out 30 minutes early. I'd say we had well over 300 kids in an hour and a half. Would have been about 400 had we made it all the way through because there were still a ton of kids out. We'll have to stock up more next year.

Old 11-01-2009, 07:17 AM

1,171 posts, read 1,916,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
I remember one year that we had tons of trick or treaters. Other years we had anywhere between 10 - 20 at most. When it falls on a Friday or Saturday, not a school nite, you'd think that there would be lots of them.
This year was a total bust. We went out and bought a few bags of candy. Good thing I still work and can bring the candy in for co-workers to share. I can see why people don't bother anymore. We live in a semi-subdivision and there are kids. Don't know what happened to them this year. How many came to your home on Halloween?
I gave out candy in North Martinsburg (closer to Spring Mills, really) and I had a good amount of kids, I'd say close to 60 actually. I heard that Hammonds Mill area in Spring Mills (the large townhouse subdivision behind the Verizon building) had lines of 12-15 kids at one time. I also imagine that The Gallery and Martinsburg Station areas in Martinsburg had a lot of kids as well. -mmccul

Old 11-01-2009, 07:28 AM

2,429 posts, read 6,577,253 times
I had none, the same number I've had for the last 30 years. Maybe the walk up the 1/4 mi long driveway has something to do with it.

When our kids were of trick-or-treating age, we drove them to neighborhoods where the houses were closer together, and closer to the road.

Old 11-01-2009, 08:05 AM

1,502 posts, read 6,844,035 times
We had maybe 20 or so in Falling Waters, it did kinda sprinkle on and off and maybe that had something to do with it. I was expecting more of the little ones because I know some have moved in with them but I guess they felt it was too nasty or like someone else mentioned with to a community with more houses like Hammonds Mills.

Old 11-01-2009, 08:27 AM

12,228 posts, read 6,612,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snorpus View Post
I had none, the same number I've had for the last 30 years. Maybe the walk up the 1/4 mi long driveway has something to do with it.

When our kids were of trick-or-treating age, we drove them to neighborhoods where the houses were closer together, and closer to the road.
Last year there were cars driving down the [semi-] subdivision and kids getting out and walking up and down the area. I'd say semi because it's really only two streets and a circle off one of them. I know there's kids that are around so you'd think they could trick or treat down the streets where they live besides going to other areas unless they were all out at the same party?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia