U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 03:01 AM

4,714 posts, read 12,160,923 times

Advertisements

Perhaps, WV is the most unhappy state for those who live outside its borders... a churning of fake news by the liberal media.

This keeps the 'brain washing in gear...

If we are sad, someone like the government can come forward and make us happy..

Give us drugs to kill the pain and help us forget how to make ourselves happy...I think I'll invest in some of the major booze factories..

I was telling a guy at the office today...

When Russia was in full swing, most of their people found happiness in a bottle of Vodka...with the USA becoming communist with the Obamanation, we should see that when all incentive to work is taken away.

Booze should do very well..better than pills in my estimation. Now where's that stock portfolio?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2009, 01:14 AM

11,944 posts, read 13,184,661 times
Post election a regular blogger announced he was headed for the scotch, so you might be behind the curve to appreciate those gains.

Ireland isn't communist but it's rife with alcoholism. Chinese & Cubans are communist but I'm under the impression alcoholism isn't near the problem it is in Ireland or Russia (now 'free', still drunk). Can we conclude there's something about a given culture that offers self destructive behavior sympathy? The biggest problem facing blacks today is not slavery (now 'free') but self hatred (self imposed).

Whatever WV is or isn't, the self discipline & ethics of it's constituents has more to do with their reality than any other factor you could list. Our state charter insisted Montani semper liberi. What they do with that freedom is entirely on them.

This forum could be the basis for statistics if you really wanted to have data beyond manipulative agendas. We lab rats have already hit the submit button. Just parse out years worth of views on any given topic as either being pessimistic (-) or constructive (+). Not only can't the data be tampered with by people (inside or out) attempting to influence it after the fact, but every SN can own their discrete results and see how they played their part in the grander scheme. The real work is not in the counting, but in the brutal honesty with ourselves.

Old 11-27-2009, 04:48 AM

Your social genius has always been extraordinary....

Were you born that way or did you pick it up on the Interstate of life?

You've been a great example of what Wv can do to heal the inner self.

Spring will be here soon and the time to plant...I hope we can do that in a country at peace with itself... (these words sound like a Mike Herrera song, ha ha...'did you fall from heaven? that was my mistake.....

Old 11-28-2009, 11:38 AM

37 posts, read 69,277 times
Oh, great. I'm moving down in April or May. I guess I'll have to be one of those unhappy grandparents, running and playing with the grandkids and living in some of the most beautiful scenery around. Darn, I'll do my best to be unhappy.....

Old 11-28-2009, 12:07 PM

2,429 posts, read 6,576,378 times
Yep, you'll have to learn to suppress all those smiles. And forget about laughter, for you'll have a state's reputation to maintain.

After all, you wouldn't want to be like those happy folk in Florida, who shoot their roommates over a can of Coke, or who beat up their children when they don't help with Thanksgiving dinner.

Make Scrooge your hero.

Old 11-28-2009, 12:50 PM

1,932 posts, read 3,537,375 times
Update, the stat must be true. I was sad for a little while this morning. I'm better now.

Old 11-29-2009, 06:42 AM

12,598 posts, read 16,261,374 times
I'm very sad. I couldn't get out in the woods to hunt Saturday because my family and I (including my wife's brother and mother from CO) went to Audra SP for a nice lunch and day hike.

It really, really upset me.

Old 11-29-2009, 09:19 AM

1,171 posts, read 1,916,262 times
What about New Jersey? I have relatives that live in New Jersey and hate it and everybody they know hates it as well. -mmccul

Old 11-29-2009, 11:42 AM

5,751 posts, read 3,398,491 times
I remember once a long time ago there was this dwarf of a man from Stone Coal W.V. there was a lot of misery in his life,but he seemed to be very happy.A poet said this about Appalachia "the only time someone comes to Appalachia is when they want something like your lumber,coal,or your vote.After that you never see them again unless they want something".

Old 11-29-2009, 04:21 PM

Someone mentioned New Jersey...much of the WVU student body is made up of kids from NJ...they come here for several reasons...you figure is out...mom and dad sent them here to be happy and not show it...

they are a traffic problem hazard as they drive the NJ way, which is identical to the Manila, Philipines way car drivers drive 'one foot on a mashed accelerator and one hand on the blaring horn...no brakes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia