Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2009, 07:43 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,008,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryKayGal View Post
As my husband likes to say "all it takes for evil to prosper is for good people to do nothing! We can't sit by and watch the wrongs being done, they will just continue.
We all plan to move to wv soon so I have been reading the blogs today and find all this very interesting. I live in Ca and I'm from Maryland but have been away most of my adult life. We find it hard to even get a job unless your bilingual here. My soon to be daughter-in-law is a being turned down for jobs in her field which is medical billing. No public interaction really necessary. Fight the good fight, lol we don't want them to follow us out there.
We need to put a stop to this nonsense before they ruin the best country in the history of the world. That means defeating every one of the wacko bozos who support their illicit activity or condone it, along with their ultra right allies who only want cheap labor at the expense of all the rest of us, our childrens' futures, and our long term prosperity. Fortify the borders, build the fences, round them up and start up the busses. It only makes sense.
Franklin D. Roosevelt boated millions of them out during the depression. Are we going to wait for things to get that bad before we get smart and nip the problem in the bud?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2009, 08:04 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,184,179 times
You can't stop it.

Old 12-11-2009, 08:23 AM

19,432 posts, read 9,462,756 times
See how long they hang around after China buys the U.S.

Old 12-11-2009, 10:59 AM

10,147 posts, read 15,008,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
You can't stop it.
I can't stop it, but if we ever get smart and start electing populists
to government instead of the elitist @ssholes who pay little attention to the wishes of the majority and who are more concerned with special interests, then it will be solved in short order.

Old 12-11-2009, 11:14 AM

967 posts, read 2,991,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post
I can't stop it, but if we ever get smart and start electing populiststo government instead of the elitist @ssholes who pay little attention to the wishes of the majority and who are more concerned with special interests, then it will be solved in short order.
And therein lies the rub. The majority WANT big government in their lives. They WANT elected officials that will take away from those nasty rich and give to them. Bottom line is that they WANT to be given something for nothing, because they are ENTITLED to it!
The change has to start with us. Telling our friends and neighbors the truth. Not hiding behing the veil of political correctness that makes us ignor ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS, calling them "undocumented workers" instead. It began many years ago with the decline of government run education. We continue to fall further behind the world. We "graduate" kids incapable of thinking on their own, or reading and understanding somthing other than what is spoon fed via Mtv. Instead, they busy themselves with mind mush TV shows that hold their attention while the country slips away. An ignorant, unarmed public is easy to control.

Old 12-11-2009, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinton Bound View Post
They WANT elected officials that will take away from those nasty rich and give to them.
I believe the elitists you speak of are the "nasty rich". Actually they just want to use you to get elected and then throw you away when you're no longer useful. It's not the poor folks who are standing in your way. You don't think your "big business" Republican friends believe in all your causes do you? They don't want to see Roe v. Wade overturned and couldn't care less about your anti-gay marriage views. They just want to string you along so you'll vote to keep their taxes low. They love the illegals since it keeps your wages down. Dream on if you think you'll be getting any real help on this from your Republican overlords.

Old 12-11-2009, 12:04 PM

967 posts, read 2,991,176 times
Quote:
I believe the elitists you speak of are the "nasty rich".
No. They are not. By the government standard, I am "wealthy" because I make $170,000 a year. The elitists are wealthy to the point that they do not play by the same rules they force upon me. They have teams of lawyers, accountants and politicians that ensure that they pay no taxes, or very little.

Quote:
You don't think your "big business" Republican friends believe in all your causes do you? ...Republican overlords.
Perhaps you can point out the post I made that indicates I'm a republican... or support them- or the democrats. I don't disagree with you that, like the dems, they have no use for the voting public once the election is over.

Old 12-11-2009, 12:12 PM

34 posts, read 51,116 times
Quote:
I believe the elitists you speak of are the "nasty rich". Actually they just want to use you to get elected and then throw you away when you're no longer useful. It's not the poor folks who are standing in your way. You don't think your "big business" Republican friends believe in all your causes do you? They don't want to see Roe v. Wade overturned and couldn't care less about your anti-gay marriage views. They just want to string you along so you'll vote to keep their taxes low. They love the illegals since it keeps your wages down. Dream on if you think you'll be getting any real help on this from your Republican overlords.
The issue is to elect conservative leaders not special interest people. We can totally see what democrats are doing to us now as they all fight over health care, when over 60% of this nation don't want them involved in. They are not even listening to what we want. This is America and I really think people have forgotten what this country was founded on, when we get away from that we loose, we end up being like all the other nations we don't want to be like. Change can be bad.

Old 12-11-2009, 12:21 PM

Unfortunately for you, the demographics are not working in your favor. Most younger people just don't think like you do.

Old 12-11-2009, 12:29 PM

34 posts, read 51,116 times
I believe alot of that is due to the media and democrats. They say things and guess what it makes it true! I really don't think the internet has help either the lines of truth get blurred by opionion and emotion. We should feel sorry for illegal because they seek a better life and don't want to do it the right way and we are fighting to keep life decent for our children and grandchildren. When I was young I thought differently then I do now too, but that's called growing up and learning from your mistakes and trying to correct them. Common sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia