U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 11:37 AM

246 posts, read 807,107 times

Advertisements

It doesn't matter who caused it. We are talking survival of the fittest (and smartest). If you don't have your S**t together you will be in a world of hurt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2009, 03:31 PM

12,584 posts, read 16,244,414 times
That goes for everyday living. Like Y2K readiness, post 9/11 readiness, the forthcoming UN takeover during the Clinton Administration..

Always keep our larder full and your magazines dry boys, she's a coming.

Old 11-28-2009, 02:55 AM

4,714 posts, read 12,157,903 times
'world of hurt? that's old Marine Corps talk...Semper Fi!

I've been laughing at the situation in Dubai...how can a country blow a trillion dollars on crap...just ineffectual crap...???

Wait...our government is doing it too...perhaps its the trend.

Old 11-28-2009, 07:34 PM

7 posts, read 16,136 times
We can disagree on the politics behind it and still agree that being prepared - whether for dollar devaluation or inflation; hostile takeover; terrorist attack; mob rule; government crash; the next Depression; etc - is a good freakin' idea.
Why do you think that we Los Angelos are crawling back to our roots in WV as soon as we can manage it?
We know how to grow and preserve our own food, hunt for protein, and stay warm. And, we get a feeling that WV is filled with people who know how to barter, band together, live through just about anything, and manage a gun if they gotta.
When everyone's prepared, life can - and does - go on.
Save us a spot in your next "survivalist" meeting!
Blessings to all!
The Los Angeles Liberal

Old 11-28-2009, 08:47 PM

14,131 posts, read 27,741,623 times
We'll be lucky if we avoid a period of extended deflation, which is much more likely than hyper-inflation. Unemployment will remain high for a while, putting downward pressure on wages, and thus prices. Give me cash for Christmas.

Old 11-29-2009, 02:54 AM

14,323 posts, read 19,977,131 times
Default Utterly ridiculous

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post
I was looking for that old thread and saw that it was lumped into another category.
My purpose with it was to help the people of Wv to survive.

With it lumped into a generic category, many will not see it or know where to find it.

The hyper-inflation is right around the corner and as near as January..we must be prepared to face this government manufactured dilema and survive.

Me?
I'm going to Save-a-Lot for all my Christmas shopping this year...giving us cases of food...nothing else.

Think about it...giving junk with all the buttons and bows or something you can eat. better than dirt or grass...
So sick of conservatives screaming a doomsday scenario now that President Obama is lifting this country from the Republican dark ages. Where were all the whining conservative patriots during the 8 years when Bush dumped a trillion dollars to lose to a militarily inferior opponent? Where was the outrage when that administration IGNORED the domestic agenda, sitting around picking their noses in pure unregulated bliss? Where was the outrage when it was discovered that the village idiot LIED to gain congressional approval to fight his bogus war?

I don't blame many conservatives for stocking up and building underground shelters. They must hide from themselves and a progressive society that has long passed them by. I applaud this effort because I feel that conservatives should not be seen nor heard from after the 8 horrific Bush years.

Old 11-29-2009, 03:02 AM

Thank you Alexus...your post is a 'case in point for us.

Self loathing can be overcome with a little counseling...think about it....

The country will be in good hands after the next election...don't fret, we will handle it...

We are awake now....and will be very progressive in our determination.

Old 05-05-2010, 07:43 AM

Getting that Income Tax Refund??

While it's worth something, consider stocking up on cases of food...about a 90 day cache for starters...

Also some seeds for next years planting. Non-hybrid, as their seeds can be harvested indefinitely.

My neighborhood community group has 2 acres of potatoes in the ground and 200 tomato plants ready for soil.

If I'm wrong and not needed...Farmers Market and personal use...good luck in your own personal endavors..

dk

Old 05-06-2010, 05:26 PM

938 posts, read 2,637,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post

The country will be in good hands after the next election...
Hahahahaha.

Democrats? Cowards.

Republicans? Overt plutocrats.

Green Party? Crazy.

Tea Party? Complete idiots.

---

After the next election, we're still hosed.

---

Interstingly, the Dollar is at its highest level in a long time vs the Euro and Pound. The US will be fine due to others somehow being more stupid. Some lucky currency gets to be the safe haven. Unless every currency collapses and we start using barter/gold. But if it got to that, the entire world would break down into utter chaos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or