Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 12:58 PM

120 posts, read 400,996 times

Advertisements

"And yet West Virginia went for MCCAIN, the ulta-rich guy who owns too many houses to count?"

Yeah, and your messiah, Barrack Obama, is SO poor.

"Here in the Chicago area, there's a certain understanding."

Perhaps you should revisit your unspoken understanding there in the Chicago area, as you belong to the most politically corrupt state in the Union. Pulling a lever voting strategy is antiquated. Just ask us West Virginians...125 plus years of Byrd, Rockefeller, Rahall, and Mollohan has our fine state ranked last (or near last) in almost every category.

Old 12-08-2009, 01:04 PM

120 posts, read 400,996 times
GHO, I read a post long ago that stated your intention to "move away from this bigoted state" as soon as your wife graduated...How long is it going to take for her to get a degree? If this state's values and belief system is in such opposition to yours, (1) run for public office and effect “change,” (2) accept you’re in the minority and quit complaining, or (3) move to a location that is more accepting of your perverse (IMO) lifestyle.

Old 12-08-2009, 02:08 PM

532 posts, read 1,087,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-Rivers View Post
This thread proves that people still fall for the Rep vs. Dem shell game.

How many houses does Obama own? More than two from what I've read, but I forget the exact number. Also read an article yesterday that stated he owns stock in Baxter, you know, the company of H1N1 fame.

For the record, I didn't support McCain.
Ummm, okay, how does that pertain to this? I don't think anyone was claiming Obama owned one, two, or any houses.

Old 12-08-2009, 02:47 PM

566 posts, read 1,574,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtercupMcToots View Post
Ummm, okay, how does that pertain to this? I don't think anyone was claiming Obama owned one, two, or any houses.

Gee, I dunno... Maybe in response to this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by urza216 View Post
I’m not from your state but I can’t help but have a little something to say.

Here in the Chicago area, there's a certain understanding. If you're poor, this means you vote Democrat. No, seriously.. Only a brainless nimrod would vote Republican if their income is anything less than middle class. Only an absolute grade-a fool would vote Republican if they earn a low-income.

And yet West Virginia went for MCCAIN, the ulta-rich guy who owns too many houses to count?West Virginia went for MCCAIN, the guy who would've probably lowered minimum wage instead of raising it like Obama did? Why?

This makes about as much sense as a sheep eating a wolf for dinner..
Quote:
And yet West Virginia went for MCCAIN, the ulta-rich guy who owns too many houses to count?
The OP implies that the current POTUS is a champion of the poor, another illusion in the shell game.

Old 12-08-2009, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Gee, I dunno... Maybe in response to this?

The OP implies that the current POTUS is a champion of the poor, another illusion in the shell game.
Maybe. There are many arguments to be made. However painting Repulicans as champions of the poor is definitely not one.

Old 12-08-2009, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtercupMcToots View Post
Maybe. There are many arguments to be made. However painting Repulicans as champions of the poor is definitely not one.
Where did I paint anything?

Edit: POTUS stands for President of the United States

Last edited by Two-Rivers; 12-08-2009 at 03:11 PM.. Reason: Editing

Old 12-08-2009, 03:45 PM

4,714 posts, read 13,284,517 times
The Dems at one time were our countries conservative party...Segregation...States Rights...Ku Klux Klan...ect.

and I would hardly call the Repub group very conservative...both are the same...just different in degree.

Rich shills working for the man...and the man lives in the investment banks, Wall Street, the dope emporiums and overseas gun factories...

Name one of them that doesn't take money from those groups...

Old 12-08-2009, 04:03 PM

404 posts, read 1,091,521 times
The greatest trick Neocons ever pulled was hijacking religion and convincing the poor and uneducated rural areas of america that their policies will somehow benefit them. Hence.. you have places like WV voting for McCain.

Old 12-08-2009, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Where did I paint anything?

Edit: POTUS stands for President of the United States
You're right, I should have read more carefully.

POTUS, fascinating. I have also seen SCOTUS, FLOTUS, what does that mean?

Old 12-08-2009, 04:38 PM

SCOTUS, is the Supreme Court...

I had to cheat on FLOTUS ... First Lady...

FLOTUS - Google Search

Edit: Here's hoping we are never referred to as FROTUS, Former Residents Of The United States. Or maybe that would be ROTFUS, Residents Of The Former United States.

Last edited by Two-Rivers; 12-08-2009 at 04:41 PM.. Reason: Editing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia