U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 06:20 PM

4,714 posts, read 12,162,402 times

Advertisements

McCain was the GOP's John Kerry of the last election...but at least his wife was not a beer drunk..and he did have a son in the service...have to give him that.

I agree with the guy who said members of congress should be given a mental appitude test and if they don't have an IQ in triple digits, let them go.

Last edited by David Kennedy; 12-09-2009 at 06:29 PM..

Old 12-09-2009, 06:32 PM

530 posts, read 969,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post
McCain was the GOP's John Kerry of the last election...but at least his wife was not a beer drunk..and he did have a son in the service...have to give him that.

I agree with the guy who said members of congress should be given a mental appitude test and if they don't have an IQ in triple digits, let them go.

What do you mean about the wife being a beer drunk?

Old 12-09-2009, 06:40 PM

I'm sorry...I should not have said that...but she did fall out of that plane when they were campaigning with a bottle in each hand...perhaps she is just a bottle collector of sorts.

McCain...Kerry...Al Gore...and the Obama staff? Where do they get this crud...????

Old 12-09-2009, 08:07 PM

530 posts, read 969,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post
I'm sorry...I should not have said that...but she did fall out of that plane when they were campaigning with a bottle in each hand...perhaps she is just a bottle collector of sorts.

McCain...Kerry...Al Gore...and the Obama staff? Where do they get this crud...????
Well, everyone had their issues. Cindy McCain was a druggie and ripped off that non profit.

Old 12-09-2009, 09:10 PM

12,600 posts, read 16,264,881 times
....Bush snorted coke, Cheney dodged the draft and a par-tridge in-a-pear-treeeeee.

Who give's a s*it. They're all crooks.

Old 12-09-2009, 09:56 PM

542 posts, read 819,362 times
Did anyone sound the troll alarm?? I mean, the election was last year, WTF!, you're just now getting around to bashing WV for voting republican? Lame. BTW, I'm not political, but when people religiously vote along party lines, no matter who is the better candidate, then we're doomed. And what the heck does WV have anything to do with Illinois? I mean the dems won anyway. This whole thread baffles me. I can't believe it's gone this long, and here I am continuing it.

Old 12-10-2009, 01:26 AM

I thought we voted for the 'lesser of the two evils...and sadly, it looks as if we did just that.

We did not have a 'better candidate...all of them (Hillary, Kerry, McCain et al) fell out of the same bag.

Does anybody recognize that 'sameness?

West Virginia could be the new Iowa....if your name calling...call me Conservative Independant...

Old 12-10-2009, 03:11 AM

4,111 posts, read 7,858,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebat View Post
Did anyone sound the troll alarm?? I mean, the election was last year, WTF!.

This is about a little more than just the last election. And I think you know that.. West Virginia, one of the poorest states in the union, voting for a corporate man like John McCain has enormous cultural implications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebat View Post
And what the heck does WV have anything to do with Illinois?

Well, excuse me for thinking and asking about other states in my country.

Old 12-10-2009, 03:17 AM

4,111 posts, read 7,858,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABCDom View Post
Zea mays: You do realize that raising minimum wage actually hurts the middle class, correct?

What is it with some blue collar workers having the mistaken impression that they're "middle class"? Now this may or may not be you.. But I bring this up because I've observed this mistaken impression where I live.

Anyway.. I'm a 23 year old college drop-out. And the raise in minimum wage didn't hurt me by any means. I got a raise.

Old 12-10-2009, 05:28 AM

967 posts, read 2,754,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaHerdOn View Post
The party has been taken over by the religious right and instead of fiscal conservatism the party is now socially conservative, and war hungry (war costs billions and billions of dollars by the way guys).
Remember Herd, the Dems had the majority under Bush, and now hold all the cards... and we're STILL and war, and getting deeper into another. Don't lay the blame on the republicans when the democrats had (and still have) every opportunity to stop it. Soon enough you will realize there isn't a dimes worth of difference between the two. They will rob you and the next 3 generations blind and you will like it. Period.

As to this thread, only the people who like to live off of other peoples effort and money voted for Obama- be it the chronically poor/uneducated or the uber-wealthy both of whom need the government to take the fruits of your labor by force, and give it to them.

The current trend would be little different with Mcain in the seat... as I've stated many times- The hope and change were merely cosmetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia