U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 05:03 AM

4,111 posts, read 7,858,314 times

Advertisements

I’m not from your state but I can’t help but have a little something to say.

Here in the Chicago area, there's a certain understanding. If you're poor, this means you vote Democrat. No, seriously.. Only a brainless nimrod would vote Republican if their income is anything less than middle class. Only an absolute grade-a fool would vote Republican if they earn a low-income.

And yet West Virginia went for MCCAIN, the ulta-rich guy who owns too many houses to count? West Virginia went for MCCAIN, the guy who would've probably lowered minimum wage instead of raising it like Obama did? Why?

This makes about as much sense as a sheep eating a wolf for dinner..

Last edited by urza216; 12-08-2009 at 06:12 AM..

Old 12-08-2009, 05:48 AM

152 posts, read 179,868 times
Money is not every thing

Old 12-08-2009, 05:50 AM

4,111 posts, read 7,858,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diako_lorddm View Post
Money is not every thing
Yes, and corporate men like John McCain don't care about anything except for money, and making more and more of it.

Old 12-08-2009, 05:56 AM

2,429 posts, read 6,577,253 times
It probably has something to do with WV's State Motto:

Montani semper liberi.

Old 12-08-2009, 06:17 AM

4,714 posts, read 12,162,402 times
West Virginia did not 'Go for McCain in the literal sense...

He cut a deal with a shill (Huckabee) knowing that the voters would be sucked toward a religious (ha ha ha) oriented pesudo-candidate...

This ploy was pulled on several states and gave the nomination to the old geezer in the end.

I hope that's the last of McCain we will ever see...

He gave a new dimension to the stench of politics...

Wv was leaning to Romney, btw...If you would be interested in that tid-bit...

Rockefeller is the next nit-wit to go off our public dole...wait and see.

We are not poor anymore...most vote Republican...look at the un-cooked stats...

* I've had relatives in Chicago for many years. I think it's people are the greatest in the world...they are tribal, just like us.

Yes, you have your corruption with the Daley family and you have the Cubs...the best ball team in the world next to the Dodgers..thanks, for looking in...gave you points for that...dk

Old 12-08-2009, 06:27 AM

1,528 posts, read 3,615,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urza216 View Post
I’m not from your state but I can’t help but have a little something to say.

Here in the Chicago area, there's a certain understanding. If you're poor, this means you vote Democrat. No, seriously.. Only a brainless nimrod would vote Republican if their income is anything less than middle class. Only an absolute grade-a fool would vote Republican if they earn a low-income.

And yet West Virginia went for MCCAIN, the ulta-rich guy who owns too many houses to count? West Virginia went for MCCAIN, the guy who would've probably lowered minimum wage instead of raising it like Obama did? Why?

This makes about as much sense as a sheep eating a wolf for dinner..
It doesn't necessarily have to do with money levels. And I think you are making a blanket generalization to say that only poor people vote for Democrats. The Northern Virginia and Maryland burbs of DC where I live have among the highest income levels in the country and they tend to vote Democrat. Other wealthy areas like the San Francisco Bay area, New York metro, etc also tend to vote overwhelmingly for the Blue.

Old 12-08-2009, 08:09 AM

68 posts, read 169,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urza216 View Post
. . Only a brainless nimrod would vote Republican if their income is anything less than middle class. Only an absolute grade-a fool would vote Republican if they earn a low-income.
3-7. Freedom of speech and press guaranteed.
No law abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press, shall be passed; but the Legislature may, by suitable penalties, restrain the publication or sale of obscene books, papers, or pictures, and provide for the punishment of libel, and defamation of character, and for the recovery, in civil actions, by the aggrieved party, of suitable damages for such libel, or defamation.
-- West Virginia Constitution

Old 12-08-2009, 08:44 AM

1,981 posts, read 5,453,414 times
I'd say it has to do with the isolation factor, the bible lovers, and ignorance. True Republicans do not exist anymore. The party has been taken over by the religious right and instead of fiscal conservatism the party is now socially conservative, and war hungry (war costs billions and billions of dollars by the way guys). That countered with the brainwashing and hate speech as well as the gullibility of many that the Dems are going to take the guns, give everyone free healthcare (gasp), let the homos shack up and get hitched (gasp), and the other senseless propaganda is probably why West Virginia went McCain. Remember we used to be a solidly blue state until that Connecticut boy with a new found twang and love for the public speechin came into office. It should be noted that the population demographics in WV favored McCain as well, a majority of the voters here are his age and they tend to be the most conservative, since many of the younger and more liberal generations have packed up.

It is hard to understand I know, and particularly annoying/frustrating. Their motto should be... "You can run our country in the ground and further in debt than the pits of hell just don't budge one liberal inch!" Isn't that what is really important? Stalling the progression of America as long as possible? ha ha

Old 12-08-2009, 11:42 AM

530 posts, read 969,421 times
West Virginia has decided their biggest problems are, losing their guns, abortion, and gays. Oh and getting health care which would result in a loss of freedom.

Old 12-08-2009, 12:36 PM

566 posts, read 1,432,277 times
This thread proves that people still fall for the Rep vs. Dem shell game.

How many houses does Obama own? More than two from what I've read, but I forget the exact number. Also read an article yesterday that stated he owns stock in Baxter, you know, the company of H1N1 fame.

For the record, I didn't support McCain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia