U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 12:31 AM

4,714 posts, read 12,159,399 times

Advertisements

WVU, each year, needs at least 4,000 skilled service personell to make the university work...

You may apply on line.
Google the university website and click on the jobs topic.

Most jobs pay above minimum wage but are Temporary without benefits...
Once you are in the system, they will almost never let you go. And the jobs eventually become permanent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2009, 09:30 PM

10,111 posts, read 12,753,385 times
I have no official connection to The University, but I am a long time supporter. It's a great school and would be a terrific place to work. Personally, I'm retired but since I have a home in Morgantown I go to many cultural and athletic events sponsored by WVU.

Old 12-13-2009, 10:35 PM

And that's a resume builder to have any university job credentials...even Temporary Job credentials.

304-293-5700 ext. 1 WVU Dept of Human Resources

MountaineerTemps@mail.wvu.edu

Old 12-14-2009, 07:59 PM

Manufacturing layoffs are begining...cutting to the bone expenses, costs and personell...

Must be a way to maximize last minute year-end profits...

What a Christmas present to tell the little woman and the kids..."Guess who lost their job today?"

Very sad...

Hope the Fed's will get out of the way of small business.
What they are doing is hurting a lot of innocent people.

People cannot buy things if they do not have an income...and few businesses will take a loan if they cannot make a profit to pay it back...

Does anybody have any 'common sense anymore...or is that principle too conservative?

Old 12-14-2009, 09:21 PM

34 posts, read 47,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Kennedy View Post
Manufacturing layoffs are begining...cutting to the bone expenses, costs and personell...

Must be a way to maximize last minute year-end profits...

What a Christmas present to tell the little woman and the kids..."Guess who lost their job today?"

Very sad...

Hope the Fed's will get out of the way of small business.
What they are doing is hurting a lot of innocent people.

People cannot buy things if they do not have an income...and few businesses will take a loan if they cannot make a profit to pay it back...

Does anybody have any 'common sense anymore...or is that principle too conservative?
I just wanted to say I love this idea for a post! We are very interested on what's going on and where there. Coming in the spring to check out properties and the boys and their women are wanting to know about jobs. Thank you!

Old 12-15-2009, 02:13 AM

New field house to be built near Mylan Park...heard that one today..

I hope this is the begining of the relocation of the WVU major sports venues to that area and a traffic solution to the downtown campus.
If the sports complex for baseball, basketball and football were located on the west side of I-79, the traffic congestion of Morgantown proper would be greatly reduced.

Anyway, the planning and building goes on....

We are ready for a new 100,000 spectator football stadium that could be used as a multi-purpose facility.

I wonder if Pitt will bring a southern campus to Uniontown?
That would be incredible...With CMU and Penn State there, adding Pitt would put 4 great schools within 15 miles of each other...
Take a Bachelors from WVU to get the partying out of the system...Masters from Pitt or Penn State as the maturity progresses....Doctorate from CMU as seriousness sets in for lifes work...
What a dream education that would be....wish I were 20 again.

Uniontown and Waynesburg, Pa should be considered for employment too...and a sleeper is Mt. Morris..all close and growing with us.

Old 12-31-2009, 12:46 AM

Layoffs began to hit about two weeks before Christmas..several factories adjusted their workforce.

Ageis Call Center shut down its Elkins facility and layed-off 70 from its Fairmont Operations..

New business is coming to the Fairmont High Tech Park and has not been announced offically...to use the empty ISR building (2,000 jobs) from a private undisclosed source.

Old 01-01-2010, 07:17 AM

26 posts, read 71,882 times
Quote:
New business is coming to the Fairmont High Tech Park and has not been announced offically...to use the empty ISR building (2,000 jobs) from a private undisclosed source.
Please post more info on this if you get any!

Guess I'll have to start looking harder for a job in West Virginia. I just don't think moving back this month would be so great because of the weather.

Oh yeah, thanks to anyone for any tech/IT employment news/advice about the area!

Old 01-01-2010, 09:32 AM

FBI still needs about 300 for the White Collar Crime Task Force at Bridgeport, Wv and Winchester, Va.

They want older mature types with excellent computer skills...pay begins in the upper 60's.

Former bankers, auditors or business owners with a penchant for detective work is what they are looking for...

FBI.gov

Takes about 6 months for the security clearance to get you on the payroll.

Most of these area government agencies do a clearance profile.

Old 01-01-2010, 10:28 AM

34 posts, read 47,359 times
Quote:
FBI still needs about 300 for the White Collar Crime Task Force at Bridgeport, Wv and Winchester, Va.

They want older mature types with excellent computer skills...pay begins in the upper 60's.

Former bankers, auditors or business owners with a penchant for detective work is what they are looking for...

FBI.gov

Takes about 6 months for the security clearance to get you on the payroll.

Most of these area government agencies do a clearance profile.
I wonder how come if you live in WV and work for the government your pay is $10,000 less than the average government employee elsewhere?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia