Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 12:06 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,074,392 times

Advertisements

Detroit Man Arrested in Connection with Shots Fired in Huntington (http://www.wsaz.com/huntington/headlines/79437062.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2009, 02:08 PM

4,988 posts, read 8,992,602 times
Has there been too much positive stuff about Huntington on here for you to handle? This is the type of stuff I've been talking about. You post this about Huntington but where was the post when shots were fired INTO a WVU dorm, which BTW they still haven't arrested anyone for that? Or where's the post about the kid in a coma because he was beaten so severely they thought he would die and this happened right across from a WVU dorm? Or where's the post about the guy who was murdered earlier this year by a man from Arizona who beat him with a hammer? Or if you are really concerned with crime from out of state, where are all of the posts about crime in Charleston?

Answer: You want to hide the stuff about Morgantown and don't care about Charleston's crime. You want to do your best to expose all negativity about Huntington though. This is the second time you have done this. If I were to do this same thing with events that happen in Morgantown, you would be livid. You continue to show your true colors CT and this is what makes us so different. I can promote my city without having to attempt to tear another one down.

Last edited by tbailey1138; 12-17-2009 at 02:50 PM..

Old 12-17-2009, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbailey1138 View Post
Has there been too much positive stuff about Huntington on here for you to handle? This is the type of stuff I've been talking about. You post this about Huntington but where was the post when shots were fired INTO a WVU dorm, which BTW they still haven't arrested anyone for that? Or where's the post about the kid in a coma because he was beaten so severely they thought he would die and this happened right across from a WVU dorm? Or where's the post about the guy who was murdered earlier this year by a man from Arizona who beat him with a hammer? Or if you are really concerned with crime from out of state, where are all of the posts about crime in Charleston?

Answer: You want to hide the stuff about Morgantown and don't care about Charleston's crime. You want to do your best to expose all negativity about Huntington though. This is the second time you have done this. If I were to do this same thing with events that happen in Morgantown, you would be livid. You continue to show your true colors CT and this is what makes us so different. I can promote my city without having to attempt to tear another one down.
Tim, I didn't even mention Huntington... you did. I posted a story about the continuing violence coming to West Virginia from Detriot. This happens to be in Huntington, but that was not the thrust of my post. A few years ago they were stacking bodies in alleyways from those thugs. Don't get paranoid on me now. I am NOT talking about you behind your back.

Old 12-17-2009, 09:03 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,921,715 times
Play nice, kiddies.

Old 12-17-2009, 09:42 PM

4,988 posts, read 8,992,602 times
Post the negative crimes like this that happen in Morgantown and prove me wrong.

Old 12-17-2009, 09:53 PM

Prove you wrong? Tim, ... the only thing I know of that
happened in Morgantown recently was a young man was
beaten in an irrational dispute at a gas station. He's still
in a coma as far as I know, but I don't think it was the
kind of organized thing that seems to be coming from
Detriot. For whatever reason, that problem is lingering.

Old 12-18-2009, 12:15 AM

938 posts, read 2,901,710 times
The Detroit-Huntington connection has been a known quantity for years. Uniontown, PA near Morgantown has a worse problem as they have become a hub for narcotics distribution for a Pittsburgh-Philly-Baltimore syndicate. Or at least that's what a Fayette Co sheriff told me. Uniontown is waaaaaaaay worse than Huntington. Something like 120 reports of shots fired last year in a town of a few thousand? The Huntington drug dealers are at least relatively queit..

Old 12-18-2009, 12:23 AM

938 posts, read 2,901,710 times
The sad thing is that Morgantown and Huntington are both pretty boring places to live. I wish they were as exciting as both of you seem to think your respective cities are. WVU football and basketball gamedays are pretty much the only time Morgantown is fun for me anymore. I loved it in my early 20s, but it just gets less and less appealing every year. Huntington is just flat out boring...though to be fair if I was a Marshall athletics fan, I'd imagine I'd like it more.

Old 12-18-2009, 12:33 AM

2,025 posts, read 4,627,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUPharm2007 View Post
The sad thing is that Morgantown and Huntington are both pretty boring places to live. I wish they were as exciting as both of you seem to think your respective cities are. WVU football and basketball gamedays are pretty much the only time Morgantown is fun for me anymore. I loved it in my early 20s, but it just gets less and less appealing every year. Huntington is just flat out boring...though to be fair if I was a Marshall athletics fan, I'd imagine I'd like it more.
Thank you! This was the point I have been trying to prove so many times on this forum. Morgantown is great for certain demographics...sadly the young single mid to late twenty somethings (and no I don't mean students in college) aren't in that group. Once you realize every town has dive bars and a few events here and there that could be classified as "cultural" then you start realizing that there are other places that offer far more.. I don't know enough about Huntington to offer an opinion in that category but none of my friends that went to Marshall stayed there after college. They either moved up to Columbus or went back to Charleston (I would have taken the first option personally) to settle.

Old 12-18-2009, 03:20 AM

4,714 posts, read 13,329,220 times
I wonder if the Detroit 'drug people will compete with our old entrenched Cleveland 'drug people?

More shots may be fired to keep the turf...but the kiddies must have their 'candy...even the high school kiddies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia