U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 12:45 PM

12,600 posts, read 16,264,881 times

Advertisements

Maybe not a well thought out approach, but an approach nonetheless. Which is exactly why many groups, substantive groups, are reluctantly signing on, because the other approach was basically 'do nothing' which accomplishes absolutely zero.

Honestly there is no room to debate the issue (in the halls of Congress) because the opposition party has simply been opposed to damn near everything.

Old 12-22-2009, 01:09 PM

10,109 posts, read 12,762,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Maybe not a well thought out approach, but an approach nonetheless. Which is exactly why many groups, substantive groups, are reluctantly signing on, because the other approach was basically 'do nothing' which accomplishes absolutely zero.

Honestly there is no room to debate the issue (in the halls of Congress) because the opposition party has simply been opposed to damn near everything.
What they have not been opposed to is the very thing that actually would make a difference, and that is the thing the current majority party won't even talk about. And, in my view the current proposal is worse than doing nothing at all. It is obvious that their intent is to keep pushing for a single payer public system which would be a disaster for health care in America.

Old 12-22-2009, 01:25 PM

I don't see that intent.

Furthermore I tend not to predict intent. Been down that road before and it was hogwash back then, more than likely hogwash right now. When Clinton was in office all of our guns were going to disappear, the UN was going to overrun the country and we were all doomed to a liberal demise. All of that based on what some people 'felt', and then projected their view of the oppositions 'intent' to stir it up.

Same thing going on with guns again, now that the Dem's are in control.

Know what I mean?

Old 12-22-2009, 01:35 PM

I do know what you mean. But, as a military retiree I also
know that the Nation's military is still reeling from the cuts
imposed during ole' draft dodger's leadership. And, I
well remember his lack of leadership that resulted in
unanswered attacks on an American ship, a base in Lebanon,
and the Samolia fiasco. But, I do know what you mean. I
just disagree with you.

Old 12-22-2009, 01:54 PM

And as a vet I recall frothing when I read Deriliction of Duty on the Clinton fiasco's.

One of the reviews states "A considerable portion of this slim book is devoted to the myriad ways in which President Clinton undermined the military and hence the security, of the nation. He seriously questions Clinton's decisions to send troops to Somalia, Rwanda, Haiti, and Bosnia to accomplish non-military tasks without clear objectives. "

I have to chuckle now, in retrospect, that although true I can't help but to ask myself if the heart of this statement also applies to the Bush administration, lol.

So yeah- I know what you mean.

Last edited by Threerun; 12-22-2009 at 02:32 PM..

Old 12-22-2009, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
And as a vet I recall frothing when I read Deriliction of Duty on the Clinton fiasco's.

One of the reviews states "A considerable portion of this slim book is devoted to the myriad ways in which President Clinton undermined the military and hence the security, of the nation. He seriously questions Clinton's decisions to send troops to Somalia, Rwanda, Haiti, and Bosnia to accomplish non-military tasks without clear objectives. "

I have to chuckle now, in retrospect, that although true I can't help but to ask myself if the heart of this statement also applies to the Bush administration, lol.

So yeah- I know what you mean.
I do think it applies (to a lesser degree) to the Bush Administration too. W's Administration that is... not HW's. HW (although an elitist) was a true war hero. W was basically a draft dodger like Slick Willy. He was just more subtle about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia