U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2009, 02:57 PM

20 posts, read 55,165 times

Advertisements

Merry Christmas everyone...

Just got the family moved into our new house in Grafton during last weekends snow storm. Being as everything has been so hectic I haven't had a chance to figure out where I can get rid of some household garbage here in Grafton ro Taylor County.

Anyone out there that can shed some light on this for me before Monday would be great. I have a few large bags I need to get rid of that are filling my kitchen.

Thanks,
Robert
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2009, 07:07 AM

108 posts, read 268,720 times
Welcome to Grafton!!

Well, there's the weekly garbage pick up. I don't know where in Grafton you are but they'll usually pick up pretty much anything you can put on the curb. From April to October you can call them for larger items and they'll come out and pick them up for a fee, I think that's $35. If you've got a truck and can haul it yourself there is a place out on Turner Rd. called Refuse Control Systems Incorporated. They charge per truck load, I think it's somewhere between $30-$40. Their number is (304) 265-3013. I think they're closed on the weekends but give 'em a call to find out when they're open, what with the holidays and all.

Hope this helps and glad to have you here!

Joe in Grafton

Old 12-26-2009, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRLudi View Post
Welcome to Grafton!!

Well, there's the weekly garbage pick up. I don't know where in Grafton you are but they'll usually pick up pretty much anything you can put on the curb. From April to October you can call them for larger items and they'll come out and pick them up for a fee, I think that's $35. If you've got a truck and can haul it yourself there is a place out on Turner Rd. called Refuse Control Systems Incorporated. They charge per truck load, I think it's somewhere between $30-$40. Their number is (304) 265-3013. I think they're closed on the weekends but give 'em a call to find out when they're open, what with the holidays and all.

Hope this helps and glad to have you here!

Joe in Grafton

Thanks for the info. I had read where there was a pickup service but I cannot find the days listed anywhere. I am up on W. Washington St in Fetterman just above the GO Mart. Any idea where I can get the days for my area outside of normal business hours? Just trying to plan ahead.

I am used to being able to find most of what I need on the net but given the area, it did not surprise me not to find much info.

Loving the area so far. Of course, I had to pick the big snow storm weekend to try and get moved in. THe wife is seeing our property, without being white, for the first time. So I am getting bombarded with lots of questions.

Old 12-26-2009, 09:04 AM

We live down on Beech St. (close to the dam) and they normally pick up on Thursday here (except right now, Holidays). But that doesn't help you much. All I can suggest is to watch for when your neighbors put their's out.

Finding info online for Grafton/Taylor Co. can be impossible. I imagine it's a matter of saving money and resources but neither the City or the County have much of a net presence. The County Clerk's Office still uses typewriters and the Assessor's Office has a punch card system from the 50's. But hey, they work and I'm not complaining (well, except for the fact that none of the Gov. offices can take debit cards and I never remember my checkbook).

Yeah, we got dumped on, not a good time to move (or anything else). Where did you move from?

Old 12-26-2009, 09:41 AM

Moved in from Florida. I am originally from Virginia and had traveled to Fairmont, where I currently work, many times on business. My wife grew up in Florida so this has been a real change for her. However, with the exception of the snow she is beginning to like it. I love the friendliness of the people and the quietness of the area. Even though I get road noise from 50, it is still a lot better than where I was in S. FL.

Old 12-27-2009, 06:10 AM

Florida, that would be a big change, especially this time of year. We moved out here about 11 years ago from southern California. That was a major change too but overall we really enjoy it out here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia