U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2010, 05:34 PM

3 posts, read 7,250 times

Advertisements

Hi, My name is Ryan Moyers and my family founded Moyers,WV WAY WAY back in the day and i was thinking i might come down and visit Moyers but i wanted to know what im looking at. If its just a few gas stations or if it is a small town. Please let me know
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 06:59 PM

12,598 posts, read 16,261,374 times
I've ridden my bike through Franklin and down to Moyers. There's no town per se, but it's sure one of the prettiest damn places on Earth. You deserve it to yourself to take a trip. Go to Moyers, stop and eat in Franklin and maybe head on off to Seneca Rocks NP for a short hike/day trip. Rent a cabin along the creek and maybe do some early trout fishing!

Old 01-07-2010, 02:32 PM

3 posts, read 7,250 times
Thanks.

Old 01-12-2010, 09:33 AM

37 posts, read 93,623 times
I have spent some time hiking the mountains around Moyers...and it is truly like stepping back in time....Modern society has hardly touched this area and Pendleton County is breathtaking.The streams are pure and clean and feed the Potomac River....There is a place just up the road there that a guy (that was heir to the Velcro invention) had over 1000 acres and donated some of it to this place called Lightstone Foundation that works on organic farming etc.When he sold his farm a "Conservation Easement" was placed on all 600 some acres to protect it for ever. I copied this easement and have it at my Real Estate office for anyone that wants to restrict and protect their land/ Anyway Moyers is mentioned in a book written by a guy that moved to Franklin in the 1970's something like"Inside Appalachia" a wonderful depiction of this magical place. My boyfriend owns 50 acres there and dreams of a simpler life and retiring there someday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or