U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 03:12 PM

171 posts, read 317,123 times

Advertisements

Good:

Fast women.
Inexpensive.

Bad:

Poor restaurant choices.
Trailer living.

Ugly:

Fat people everywhere.
Uneducated people everywhere.
Women with no teeth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2010, 03:51 PM

68 posts, read 169,801 times

Old 03-07-2010, 05:13 PM

4,714 posts, read 12,156,518 times
I don't get it...many of you want diversity and but your prejudices get in the way..

"Wv women...fat and expensive...bad...uneducated and trailer living...ugly...fat people everywhere, uneducated people everywhere...

women with no teeth..."

Make up your minds...do you want diversity or not.

Old 03-07-2010, 07:05 PM

2,819 posts, read 9,518,985 times
The overall beauty of the state. The mountains and lakes, Blackwater Falls, New River, small towns, etc., Some of the most beautiful in the nation.

Least: Politics and the Charleston machine. Old style Yellow Dog Democrat politics brought to you daily since June 20th, 1863.

Old 03-08-2010, 06:19 PM

536 posts, read 334,536 times
Worst thing for me is the rude people I encounter and the potholes I hate! I feel sorry for my poor vehicle. But the roads here are the worst I have ever driven on. Not all the people were rude but up near wheeling they sure were.

Old 03-09-2010, 08:40 AM

5 posts, read 10,062 times
I like the caring intelligent old-fashined people!!! the beautiful countryside, the dense nature/animals such as deer, chipmunks, birds, and the relaxed way of life, no rude hustle bustle I've experienced elsewhere. On the otherhad I dislike the great amount of run down old building/ eyesores that are everywhere.

Old 03-09-2010, 12:05 PM

8,262 posts, read 16,683,419 times
There are 3 things I like about WV:
1- The women
2- The women
3- The women

Old 03-27-2010, 12:34 AM

13 posts, read 26,296 times
pros:
peaceful
relatively safe, can still leave my doors unlocked
first in line for govt development, FBI, raytheon, lockheed
spoiled by great skiing, outdoor activities to do within a couple hours drive at most

cons:
white trash mentality
kids getting pregnant and married in HS or right after then barely scraping by
non-progressive attitude
racism and general intolerance
lack of ethnic racial diversity
few social/cultural activitiesdoes not foster young professionals (educated locals worth hiring are peacing out of the area)
DRUGS.. so many people abusing/selling painkillers and various drugs
general attitude of low ambitions/expectations among native students both k-12 and college
poor health habits, so many fat people, people that smoke like chimneys and don't take care of themselves

Old 03-27-2010, 12:53 AM

5,721 posts, read 4,836,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Womanhood in the heart of Wv seems to be quite porky, not on the pretty side either, it's perplexing with all those mountains and state land around. I've seen quite a few "deliverance" like facial types, golden mine for the Hollywood stereotype machine, I guess those were undiluted aborigines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrm1027 View Post
But, yes I agree, it is far from a "melting pot" here in WV
Quote:
Originally Posted by diggums View Post
Good:

Fast women.
Inexpensive.

Bad:

Poor restaurant choices.
Trailer living.

Ugly:

Fat people everywhere.
Uneducated people everywhere.
Women with no teeth.
Hate to sound like a shallow b****rd but after being through my share of WV and the country WV does have an awful lot of big women and women missing teeth. Although it's true the women in WV are also probably lower maintenance than women in many parts of the country and appreciate the simpler things in life. As blinkerfluid pointed out WV women marry young so WV has a lack of women in general, at least a lack of available and desirable single women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueIsraelite View Post
Worst thing for me is the rude people I encounter and the potholes I hate! I feel sorry for my poor vehicle. But the roads here are the worst I have ever driven on. Not all the people were rude but up near wheeling they sure were.
Yet another person that notices the snobby cliquey people around the Wheeling area lol.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmblinkerfluid View Post
pros:
peaceful
relatively safe, can still leave my doors unlocked
first in line for govt development, FBI, raytheon, lockheed
spoiled by great skiing, outdoor activities to do within a couple hours drive at most

cons:
white trash mentality
kids getting pregnant and married in HS or right after then barely scraping by
non-progressive attitude
racism and general intolerance
lack of ethnic racial diversity
few social/cultural activitiesdoes not foster young professionals (educated locals worth hiring are peacing out of the area)
DRUGS.. so many people abusing/selling painkillers and various drugs
general attitude of low ambitions/expectations among native students both k-12 and college
poor health habits, so many fat people, people that smoke like chimneys and don't take care of themselves
Totally agree with your list of cons...huge non-progressive attitude, and all around intolerance. New ideas are not welcomed with open arms or looked at with an open mind. In WV people still look at interracial relationships like it's a sin or something. It's really laughable how backwards and behind the times the state is. People in WV believe all the stereotypes about different ethnic groups and so on, they don't even try to learn anything about their culture. All they know is WV hunting, the Steelers, steak frys and Bud Light lol.

Oh well I guess we'll always have our low crime rate, lack of traffic, and outdoor activities...we don't have much but we'll always have that lol.

Old 03-27-2010, 06:02 AM

90 posts, read 258,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia View Post
The overall beauty of the state. The mountains and lakes, Blackwater Falls, New River, small towns, etc., Some of the most beautiful in the nation.

Least: Politics and the Charleston machine. Old style Yellow Dog Democrat politics brought to you daily since June 20th, 1863.
Well said.agreed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia