U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2010, 07:43 AM

9 posts, read 35,899 times

Advertisements

I am moving into the area from south FL in two weeks and some time in the next 3-6 months I will be looking for office space. Does anyone know of executive office space rental (like Regus) type of place in either of the following locations? I did search but came up empty handed.

Not looking for anything more than space for a new business, 1-2 people etc.

Many thanks,

- Kearneysville
- Charles Town
- Inwood
- Leetown
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2010, 09:10 AM

380 posts, read 1,105,938 times
Welcome Paul,
What kind of business? Do you need parking space, walk-up, etc.?
There seem to be plenty of vacant office and small retail spaces.
Depending on your type of business, you may want to be careful about where you end up. If you rely heavily on the internet, you'll want to be sure that your location has access to Frontier's business class DSL. My office is in Charles Town and I just clocked 3197/365 kbs here; at home with the residential service I usually get around 1100/320kbs. I don't think they offer the business high speed in some areas. [But 1100 is still plenty for many apps. A few weeks ago during the snow storm both my kids were taking their online home school video academy classes while I was taking an online continuing ed class. With that much usage we were starting to run into some slow downs.] You can also get access via cable where it's available, but I don't know if the speeds are any better. You may wnat to look close to the new bypass and Rt 9 for easy access. If you like, I can give you the names of some realtors.
PS. Were you able use the links I gave you to find a house?

Old 03-02-2010, 10:00 AM

Clint, yes we did look at those links. In fact they were instrumental in getting us to think about buying when we saw how cheap the property is!

We made an off on a 4 bed house last week and close on March 26th. It is situated just off of 51 between Inwood and Charles Town.

I trade foreign exchange currencies and HIGH speed Internet is VERY important to me. The office wouldn't be for public access. Just a nice office away from the house in which to work, one parking space. My hours are a little unusual, 4:30AM till about 10:30 most days but I doubt that would be an issue.

Thanks again for the previous links,
Paul

Old 03-02-2010, 10:58 AM

Not much listed on the realtor MLS. Only two that you might want to check out. One is on the corner of Duke & Washington streets in Shepherdstown. It's 3 ste w/kitchen for only$400/mo. Listed with Greg Didden's office in Shepherdstown. And, one in Ranson on Fairfax for $800/mo. Listed with Chaz Shultz of Commercial Associates in Charles Town.
You may want to wait until you get a chance to drive around and look for vacant offices and/or look in the local papers.
If the house you are getting is the one on N Childs Rd., I'd check w/ frontier about the business dsl availability there and consider building a detached office of some kind. If that won't work, your best option is downtown Charles Town for location and internet access.

(If you had only bought my house; you could have finished either the shop or the garden shed into a nice office and been much closer to your wife's work.)

Old 03-02-2010, 12:09 PM

Clint

Thanks for the info. To be honest the house was just too good so pass up! There is a ton of space and we could indeed build an office on the property but I typically like to keep some separation between the two. I work from home most days but when I go into the 'office' I like it to be in a more social setting.

Paul

Old 03-02-2010, 12:53 PM

Gotcha; then I would look into downtown Charles Town. I'm sure you'll find something there that would work. And you can walk to The Dish, Granny's or Needful Things for a bite or even stop by Collin's Barber shop for a haircut.
Clint
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia