U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2010, 07:15 PM

536 posts, read 350,628 times

Advertisements

Is any housing place that bases rent on income renting right now? Does anyone know of any place that is renting out right now because all the ones I have called or went and asked had at least a 1 month waiting list all the way up to 6 month waiting list. I am in desperate need of a place as we have 2 kids and are staying with my wife's grandma right now in 1 room with the kids. It is not fun believe me. We get 384$ from the state from wv works so we are looking for work and hoping something will open soon. We can move ANYWHERE in the state. What we brought with us from Georgia is in the back of our truck so its easy to move. Just need some help if anyone knows of places renting out and anyone hiring as well anywhere I have a class b cdl so I can drive everything except the 18 wheelers.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2010, 02:27 AM

4,714 posts, read 12,366,276 times
For starters, the North Central area of Wv is alive with gas well drilling companies needing hundreds of 'Class 'B' drivers.

I would suggest low income housing in Shinnston, Wv.
One of my best workers lived there for $95 per month...25% of his welfare allotment.
That housing complex was clean, and free of problems.
The City of Shinnston has a fine police force and they keep an eye on every inch of their town.
The schools are good, shopping is close by and Shinnston also has a new city park.
You will also be in the center of all of that gas well work.

Also several trucking compaines are hiring...one of the largest is located in Shinnston.
I would suggest you search the classifieds in dominionpost.com and cpubco.com

In Wv, we quickly offer a 'hand up...but deplore the 'hand out.

Good luck in making a home for your family.

Last edited by David Kennedy; 03-09-2010 at 02:37 AM..

Old 03-09-2010, 03:45 PM

Thank you! I know the one you are talking about in shinnston I believe its called Eagle Hollow Apartments I can't move there because we have past bills we must pay before they will let us move in. If that is not the one then I will keep looking. I bought the wheeling paper every day for 2 weeks and never saw any companies hiring class b drivers we are in wetzel county now so kind of far from places. But still trying to find something. Thanks for the information I will look those up asap.The state has offered me ALOT! I mean they are giving us some money per month to help us plus food stamps and medicaid and are going to give my wife 500$ for getting her GED and are giving 2000k to fix our truck so we can use it to look for work. Where at exactly do you suggest looking for these driving jobs? Is there a special paper or just keep looking in the regular newspapers?

Old 03-09-2010, 04:47 PM

Ah no I was thinking of a different town. I will give them a call tomorrow down there at shinnston. Thanks for the information.

Old 03-28-2010, 12:39 AM

13 posts, read 23,746 times
I've been looking for homes to rent and ran across this if it helps any - Charleston-Kanawha Housing Authority - Rental Assistance

Old 03-29-2010, 02:41 AM

3 posts, read 4,567 times
Thanks guys for sharing the useful and informative comments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia