U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-07-2018, 05:48 PM
 
5 posts, read 3,517 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

Most any problem in WV could be solved with more jobs. Race-related issues, too.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-07-2018, 06:00 PM
 
Location: elkins wv
413 posts, read 396,599 times
Reputation: 268
where is it deflection saying iv'e lived in cities and West Virginia and its far worse in the cities.you seem like a very negative person and I said iv'e seen it its everywhere. your life and experiences aren't someone else and if you hate it so much move
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2018, 12:13 AM
 
84 posts, read 57,334 times
Reputation: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by D T WV MOUNTAINS View Post
where is it deflection saying iv'e lived in cities and West Virginia and its far worse in the cities.you seem like a very negative person and I said iv'e seen it its everywhere. your life and experiences aren't someone else and if you hate it so much move

Sir, your entire stance has been deflection.

You keep bringing up your experiences as a white person in locations that are hugely populated with non whites and comparing them to a state that you grew up in that is 96-97% white. You comparison is completely a false equivalency. You are less likely to see issues in WV because

1: You are white (Something I pointed out on my original post)
2: You are from there.



As for your assessment of me being "negative", that is another form of deflection. My outlook does not negate my experience and the evidence that I've presented. My attitude has nothing to do with white folks who claim to be democrat but would rather vote republican than vote for a black man, such as the people in the video that I posted. My attitude has nothing to do with an ENTIRE high school bullying a predominately black HS from Pittsburgh with Trump rhetoric in the article I posted. I can post more examples, but I'm not here to s**t on WV, just providing truth to this thread.


Racism is everywhere, that goes without saying. But according to some people between this post and another one I'm subscribing to, WV is this racial utopia where the color of your skin is not an issue. This is not true. I don't even live in WV and I have EXPERIENCED issues the handful of times I've been. I've met some very kind people in WV and even have life long friends who live in WV. However, to say race is not an issue in WV or like a black person could roam the mountains with no issue is completely false.

One thing I've learn about racists is that they don't consider themselves racists, they just feel as though it's their god given right to be racist.

Last edited by cwitty; 01-08-2018 at 12:28 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2018, 04:16 AM
 
Location: elkins wv
413 posts, read 396,599 times
Reputation: 268
you've never lived here and only been here a handful of times but presume to know how other people live and how their experiences are. you show a few example to which I can post just as many examples of prejudice from blacks,Hispanics and any ethnic groups in any area. I was raised in three states not just West Virginia and I sir have about 10 black people in my family and all but 2 live in West Virginia and they have never had a problem. you equate your experiences if you even had any in West Virginia to others experiences.You dismiss others blacks views as if yours is the only one that matters. you have a deep hatred for some reason and you don't seem capable with getting along with others.how many black voted for Obama just because he was black. I voted for him because at the time I thought he was the best choice.you can find people of any race voting for someone just because they are the same race or sex. good luck and I hope you find away to mingle with other races and learn to get along. I have.

Last edited by D T WV MOUNTAINS; 01-08-2018 at 04:34 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2018, 08:31 AM
 
84 posts, read 57,334 times
Reputation: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by D T WV MOUNTAINS View Post
you've never lived here and only been here a handful of times but presume to know how other people live and how their experiences are. you show a few example to which I can post just as many examples of prejudice from blacks,Hispanics and any ethnic groups in any area. I was raised in three states not just West Virginia and I sir have about 10 black people in my family and all but 2 live in West Virginia and they have never had a problem. you equate your experiences if you even had any in West Virginia to others experiences.You dismiss others blacks views as if yours is the only one that matters. you have a deep hatred for some reason and you don't seem capable with getting along with others.how many black voted for Obama just because he was black. I voted for him because at the time I thought he was the best choice.you can find people of any race voting for someone just because they are the same race or sex. good luck and I hope you find away to mingle with other races and learn to get along. I have.
Sir, i already know this is BS. Im black and somewhat well traveled. I have dealt with or seen racism in some form or manner every where ive been. Even in highly black populated areas.

You mean to tell me that you have 8 black family members that live in the one of the whitest states in the US and none of them have ever dealt with any form racism, prejudice or bigotry???


I can drive into certain parts of WV and get a minimum 5 confused looks in the day time right now. Lord knows what would happen to me at night time.

Anyway, i'm wasting my time at this point with this discussion. To any black person reading this and considering moving/traveling to WV, do not let these people fool you into thinking there are no issues with race. Proceed with caution.

Last edited by cwitty; 01-08-2018 at 09:09 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2018, 11:06 PM
 
778 posts, read 575,065 times
Reputation: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwitty View Post
Sir, i already know this is BS. Im black and somewhat well traveled. I have dealt with or seen racism in some form or manner every where ive been. Even in highly black populated areas.

You mean to tell me that you have 8 black family members that live in the one of the whitest states in the US and none of them have ever dealt with any form racism, prejudice or bigotry???


I can drive into certain parts of WV and get a minimum 5 confused looks in the day time right now. Lord knows what would happen to me at night time.

Anyway, i'm wasting my time at this point with this discussion. To any black person reading this and considering moving/traveling to WV, do not let these people fool you into thinking there are no issues with race. Proceed with caution.


You are possibly the most confused, ill-informed and racist person to ever post in the West Virginia fora. You have obviously never been to West Virginia. I am not sure why you are even posting here, it seems to cause you great pain and it seems as equally obvious that you are mission to scream louder and louder in some childish attempt to make everyone agree with you at the risk of you labeling with an assortment of derogatory names.


Let me be simple for you in the hopes that the idea can take root in your crowded mind; West Virginians do not care about color, every judgment on someone in West Virginia by other West Virginias is based on your character or lack thereof. We judge you on what you do, what you say and how you conduct yourself. We do not care one bit what your color is and frankly we do not get the fuss made over racial issues. West Virginia is the 5th whitest state in the nation and we have no history of riots or marches or any of the melodramatic moments that other places suffer. Black Lives matter has no root here because in West Virginia all lives matter and when someone starts up a diatribe like yours, most West Virginians just let you run off at the mouth until your batteries run down or they simple ask you what is wrong with you.


West Virginians have many flaws but racism is not one of them. Now, you can find a racist West Virginia if you look hard enough or have nothing but a desire to label someone that way, I am labeled by a frequent poster on this very fora as a racist because he does not like my views. He is more than welcome to his opinion, but that does not make him accurate. I have assumed he is black and has a chip on his shoulder, if that makes me racists then perhaps I am; the only people in West Virginia that even remotely might be racists are blacks that move here from some where else and most of them are only that way for a short time.


It would seem logical that a state so white and voting so Red would be topping the racist meter but it is the opposite and that baffles people like you. I get a chuckle from your confusion and see no problem in letting you harbor your delusions, we need some form of entertainment here and a clown is universal in bringing joy.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2018, 03:25 AM
Yac
 
6,023 posts, read 6,945,228 times
Just a warning to remain calm and respectful and remember, feeling that you are right does not give you permission to attack others and/or violate other rules.
Yac.
__________________
Forum Rules
City-Data.com homepage
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2018, 04:37 AM
 
84 posts, read 57,334 times
Reputation: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caden Grace View Post
You are possibly the most confused, ill-informed and racist person to ever post in the West Virginia fora. You have obviously never been to West Virginia. I am not sure why you are even posting here, it seems to cause you great pain and it seems as equally obvious that you are mission to scream louder and louder in some childish attempt to make everyone agree with you at the risk of you labeling with an assortment of derogatory names.


Let me be simple for you in the hopes that the idea can take root in your crowded mind; West Virginians do not care about color, every judgment on someone in West Virginia by other West Virginias is based on your character or lack thereof. We judge you on what you do, what you say and how you conduct yourself. We do not care one bit what your color is and frankly we do not get the fuss made over racial issues. West Virginia is the 5th whitest state in the nation and we have no history of riots or marches or any of the melodramatic moments that other places suffer. Black Lives matter has no root here because in West Virginia all lives matter and when someone starts up a diatribe like yours, most West Virginians just let you run off at the mouth until your batteries run down or they simple ask you what is wrong with you.


West Virginians have many flaws but racism is not one of them. Now, you can find a racist West Virginia if you look hard enough or have nothing but a desire to label someone that way, I am labeled by a frequent poster on this very fora as a racist because he does not like my views. He is more than welcome to his opinion, but that does not make him accurate. I have assumed he is black and has a chip on his shoulder, if that makes me racists then perhaps I am; the only people in West Virginia that even remotely might be racists are blacks that move here from some where else and most of them are only that way for a short time.


It would seem logical that a state so white and voting so Red would be topping the racist meter but it is the opposite and that baffles people like you. I get a chuckle from your confusion and see no problem in letting you harbor your delusions, we need some form of entertainment here and a clown is universal in bringing joy.

So a country that was fundamentally built on racism and inhumanity is not racist and humane in the state of WV??

Honestly, I'm wasting my time at this point. Your argument said nothing and can be refuted easily.

You are blaming blacks for racism in a state that is 96% white. OF COURSE YOU ARE NOT GOING TO SEE RACISM IN A STATE WHERE WHITE PEOPLE, FOR THE MAJORITY, ARE AROUND OTHER WHITE PEOPLE!!! I'm not sure how intelligent of a point that is to even allow in the mind, let alone type and hit "Submit Reply".

Look, I get it, this is your home. Nobody wants an outsider to speak ill of where they are from. But, WV has a problem with race. This is based on my experience as well as historical data (I can post more links if need be). I've been to certain towns and my race has been an issue WITHIN SECONDS TO HOURS of contact with WV natives. I was told to LEAVE BEFORE DARK in Pendleton County, on MY FIRST VISIT! I was given weird looks and "dog whistle" jargon was spoken in front of me in Romney, as if I couldn't read between the lines. I was told to "make it home safe" in Wardensville by a person I was helping. They had a HUGE Confederate flag in the middle of town in a county that HISTORICALLY seceded from Virginia due partly to its a confederacy status. Why would they do that???

You have female COUNCILPERSONS bold enough to disrespect the first lady publicly while in office. This speaks volumes. Please see the link below.

https://www.wvgazettemail.com/news/p...47860395a.html

But racism only comes from blacks who move in???




Anyways, I'm done here. At this point I'm only posting to relay information to non-white folks on the fence wondering about WV.

Last edited by cwitty; 01-12-2018 at 04:59 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2018, 06:44 AM
 
490 posts, read 355,973 times
Reputation: 426
This person is baiting. As tempting and as nice as it would be to respond to their ignorance just ignore them instead.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2018, 05:41 PM
 
2,424 posts, read 966,128 times
Reputation: 2404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caden Grace View Post
You are possibly the most confused, ill-informed and racist person to ever post in the West Virginia fora. You have obviously never been to West Virginia. I am not sure why you are even posting here, it seems to cause you great pain and it seems as equally obvious that you are mission to scream louder and louder in some childish attempt to make everyone agree with you at the risk of you labeling with an assortment of derogatory names.


Let me be simple for you in the hopes that the idea can take root in your crowded mind; West Virginians do not care about color, every judgment on someone in West Virginia by other West Virginias is based on your character or lack thereof. We judge you on what you do, what you say and how you conduct yourself. We do not care one bit what your color is and frankly we do not get the fuss made over racial issues. West Virginia is the 5th whitest state in the nation and we have no history of riots or marches or any of the melodramatic moments that other places suffer. Black Lives matter has no root here because in West Virginia all lives matter and when someone starts up a diatribe like yours, most West Virginians just let you run off at the mouth until your batteries run down or they simple ask you what is wrong with you.


West Virginians have many flaws but racism is not one of them. Now, you can find a racist West Virginia if you look hard enough or have nothing but a desire to label someone that way, I am labeled by a frequent poster on this very fora as a racist because he does not like my views. He is more than welcome to his opinion, but that does not make him accurate. I have assumed he is black and has a chip on his shoulder, if that makes me racists then perhaps I am; the only people in West Virginia that even remotely might be racists are blacks that move here from some where else and most of them are only that way for a short time.


It would seem logical that a state so white and voting so Red would be topping the racist meter but it is the opposite and that baffles people like you. I get a chuckle from your confusion and see no problem in letting you harbor your delusions, we need some form of entertainment here and a clown is universal in bringing joy.
Nearly half...42 percent...of voters statewide and sixteen counties voted in favor of retaining the clause in the state constitution mandating school segregation.

Not in 1954. Not in 1964.

In 1994!

http://www.wvgazettemail.com/news/we...e7f410fb3.html

This clause had no effect because fortunately federal protections were in play from the 1950s onwards but it shows where nearly half was the electorate was at in their minds as far as race was concerned.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top