U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 07:58 PM

1,162 posts, read 1,885,929 times

Advertisements

I have been hearing some rumors lately that a branch of Marriott hotels is slated to open next to the Holiday Inn in Martinsburg. Recently, I have noticed stakes placed sporatically around the lot, so I am finding this a lot more believable now. However, I am having trouble locating any permits online. I would love to see Marriott finally come to the Eastern Panhandle. Does anybody know any further information on this project? Thank you -mmccul
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2010, 10:04 PM

869 posts, read 1,308,196 times
That would be great.

Old 04-10-2010, 11:34 PM

233 posts, read 717,319 times
You have heard right. This hotel has been in the works for a couple years, but progress stalled due to the economy. I found an old article regarding the hotel:

West Virginia: Developer wants to build four-story hotel in Martinsburg, W.Va.

Its a 64,243-square-foot SpringHill Suites by Marriott hotel.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:07 AM

I drove past the site where Marriott is supposed to break ground yesterday. I noticed a newly-placed public hearing sign on the lot as you're going down the hill on Foxcroft. I also noticed when going down I-81, that they put up two large poles for pylon signs. The one clearly belongs to Holiday Inn, since they recently put a new pylon on top of it. However, the other one much further away from the Holiday Inn, sits unused. Could this be in preperation for the new Marriott, I think so. Just thought I'd give an update. -mmccul

Old 08-02-2010, 11:26 AM

9,734 posts, read 8,279,703 times
It will be a Fairfield Inn, which is a branch of the Mariott chain. It is similar to a Hampton Inn. They opened one in Lewisburg.

Old 08-02-2010, 05:53 PM

869 posts, read 1,308,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
It will be a Fairfield Inn, which is a branch of the Mariott chain. It is similar to a Hampton Inn. They opened one in Lewisburg.
Earlier posts stated it was a SpringHill Suites. I would hope it is SHS and not Fairfield. The free breakfast at Fairfield is nothing to write home about while SHS does a super job.

SHS is fast becoming my hotel of choice on the road and there is no Marriott because most of them are new and the breakfast is free and awesome.

Old 08-02-2010, 06:52 PM

5,161 posts, read 7,048,884 times
Good News

Old 06-01-2014, 02:25 PM

Default Construction Beginning

Construction will begin soon on the new Marriott next to the Holiday Inn on Foxcroft Avenue very soon. A sign for Panhandle Builders has been posted and equipment has been placed on the currently empty lot. I assume this will still be a Fairfield Marriott (as originally proposed).

This is one of two hotels currently under construction in Martinsburg. Site preparation has begun on a new Hilton Garden Inn off of Apple Harvest Drive next to The Commons. This is part of a planned development called Cornerstone. Current plans include a second hotel (not yet announced), a restaurant/pad site (also not yet announced) and seven apartment buildings.

In relevant news, bulldozers and a surveying crew have been at the old Sears site at the Martinsburg Mall recently. Perhaps they are preparing to tear down/build something new there? Hopefully, it is a shame to see perfectly in-shape buildings sit vacant like that one has. -mmccul

Old 06-11-2014, 02:16 PM

According to a sign posted on the site, this will be a four-story Springhill Mariott, not Fairfield. They have another location in Hagerstown west of the Valley Mall near Regal Cinemas. -mmccul

Hotel Suites | SpringHill Suites by Marriott

Old 06-12-2014, 09:10 AM

3,315 posts, read 8,953,534 times
I have seen the Spring Suites Marriotte in Alexandria, VA. Looks just like the pics. Very modern and hip. Should appeal to a broad range of customers. The bathrooms have cool barn-style sliding doors. The foyer/lobby areas are very modern and encourage small gatherings.

It should appeal to a broad range of customers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia