Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 08:57 AM

424 posts, read 1,294,074 times

Advertisements

I still have Huntington on the long term move plans possibly. That's why I check in. I liked the city, it just needs some more technological jobs I think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2010, 03:08 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,404,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAmtneer82 View Post
Good god, now it's the government's fault that kids are fat?! Get real. Some of you might have had "quality" meals in school back in the day but I ate essentially the same food as these kids when I was in the public school system throughout the 80s and 90s. I was never fat, nor were most of my friends. It's a simple solution really that in no way involves that evil government...take away the video games, get the kids outside and cook healthier food at home.

I did not say it was the Government fault that our children are fat what I did say was

Did everyone notice that Jamie's largest issue and those shared by the school employees was not how terrible Jamie is, nor the cooks, but the government red tape involved in every single decision. I felt so bad for the lady in charge of the school lunch program. Each and every word was "government requirement".

What it is and what I stated was the government red tape involved in every single decision and directive that was suggested.

See I will make compliments as your last sentence makes great sense mainly the part about cooking healthier food at home. See in your local home you can make this choice the same thing that Jamie and the school director was trying to do in their local system, but thanks to Federal red tape they cannot do that.

Government of the rule of law is not Evil, however over reaching government empowerment over the local legislative is not good for anyone. When Huntington for example must run to Charleston, who must run to Washington, who must have a legislative group think then what does that provide?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia