Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2010, 01:31 PM

9 posts, read 21,194 times

Advertisements

I wanted to know if anyone makes the commute to Stamford... how is it? I am taking going from 9 to 287 to i-95 I guess. I'm not sure of any better ways. I'm commuting from Croton

Any times or roads worse than others?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2010, 11:10 PM

1,081 posts, read 2,455,945 times
I do not envy you a commute like that. Are you sure you want to commute from Croton all the way over to Stamford? Is moving to Stamford an option for you?
If you are working a more or less standard day job, the hardest part of your commute is going to be from 9A down to 287, because everyone else will be trying to get into White Plains. Once you are east of the downtown White Plains area, the traffic should flow smoothly for the rest of 287. I don't know how many people will be driving north on 95 toward Stamford, though.
You could also take 129 through Croton to Underhill Ave and pick up the Taconic Pkwy south to 287. You'll have to experiment with different routes.
Years ago when I lived in Rye Brook, I had a job in Stamford in an office park off High Ridge Rd. That was a simple commute: I'd just hop on the Merritt Pkwy right over the state line and get off at High Ridge Rd. Took me about 20 minutes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County