U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2011, 06:37 PM

5 posts, read 11,387 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know anything about this building? I believe it is called 7 Pines. Is this considered a terrible neighborhood? Is the building safe? Likelihood I would be mugged during the very short walk from the Metro North station to the building after dark? Anyone know what the units in the building go for? Any help is appreciated!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2013, 08:02 AM

1 posts, read 4,195 times
hi yes glenwood ave area is a little tough especially up on warburton ave. they recently instaulded a police camera on that block because of all the drug activity and crime. especially in the summer it's bad. I think it has gotten better since the camera was placed. the building called 1 glenwood (AKA 7 pines) is decent had a ex that lived for over 30 years never had a problem it's the outside that's the problem. alot of kids in the area. the building has security alot of older people live there so it's really not bad. if you move in get an apt facing the hudson river. The views are absolutely breath taking in the spring and summer. The rent is kinda high 1 br $1,200 and up with a terrace. It is not a co-op all these years I thought it was. But with the train right there maybe 20 steps from the front door it's worth it. good luck hope this helps

Old 08-06-2015, 03:09 PM

4 posts, read 14,055 times
Hi, considering renting at 7 Pines in Yonkers. . Any feedback about the neighborhood or building. Will be greatly appreciated. ..

Old 08-12-2015, 09:42 AM

193 posts, read 261,232 times
7 Pines or 1 Glenwood Avenue used to be a Mitchell Lama but opted out of the program several years back around maybe 2009 or 2010. I had a friend who used to live there along with a lot of her extended family and they all moved out when they went market rate because of course upped their rent by a lot. The area is on the cusp of being nice and the hood, but it is very convenient as the Metro-North Station is right downstairs. I would avoid Warburton Avenue south of there and Trevor Park. Warburton Avenue north of Trevor Park towards Untermyer Park is nicer though. I'm not sure what it looks like now, but I would assume they renovated the apartments to rent them at market rate.

Old 08-14-2015, 08:45 AM

Thanks so much. . Coming from upstate, just a little concerned about the neighborhood. .

Old 08-14-2015, 12:18 PM

6,987 posts, read 3,496,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dconcep2 View Post
Thanks so much. . Coming from upstate, just a little concerned about the neighborhood. .
Please, whatever you do stay out of Yonkers.

Old 08-20-2015, 08:00 AM

Do you mean this particular area? Building?

Old 09-01-2015, 10:31 AM

53 posts, read 76,496 times
I wouldn't want to be outside alone at night. The building itself is probably fine though.

Old 09-02-2015, 05:53 AM

1,252 posts, read 1,529,666 times
all those waterfront apartments *look* nice. then you read the reviews...

lol.

Old 09-06-2015, 11:46 PM

10,276 posts, read 9,335,247 times
That neighborhood is not the best, not the worst. Check it out during the day and then at night, and if you feel OK, then consider it. If not, move on.

I would live there without too many concerns, but I've lived in tough neighborhoods before, and that part of Yonkers is not that tough. It isn't exactly Scarsdale, though, either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County