Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 12:47 AM

274 posts, read 317,911 times

Advertisements

Ferrari isn't an uber luxury car.

You've obviously never been in the New York area because high end cars litter the streets and nobody will care about your Ferrari. Sorry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2007, 12:49 AM

51 posts, read 412,179 times
New York City crimes rates are ridiculous according to statistics...

Old 08-12-2007, 01:37 AM

1,174 posts, read 5,892,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeGuy987 View Post
I thought you were being sarcastic :-)
Nope. Not sarcastic. Completely earnest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintLaurent
Ferrari isn't an uber luxury car.

You've obviously never been in the New York area because high end cars litter the streets and nobody will care about your Ferrari. Sorry.
Now that... was sarcastic.

Old 08-12-2007, 02:44 AM

haha, funny

Old 08-12-2007, 03:01 AM

124 posts, read 639,762 times
CollegeGuy987:

I took the trouble to post you a lot of info on North Salem.....hopefully you have read it.

Understand something: North Salem is in another universe compared to NYC. Why did you make this statement?:

"New York City crime rates are ridiculous according to statistics..."

North Salem is 45 miles away from NYC. It is not NYC, no way no how. As I mentioned in two previous posts addressed to you, there is no fear of carjacking, mugging or any other violent crime. Re-read my posts.

Now I have a question for you that may shed some light vis a vis your confusing New York State with NYC:

Where are you from?

Pidgett

Old 08-12-2007, 05:49 AM

7,079 posts, read 37,869,280 times
I always feel safe in my Maybach....

Old 08-12-2007, 07:07 AM

185 posts, read 421,094 times
CollegeGuy? sometimes I wonder about your intelligence! Are you REALLY interested in Pound Ridge or are you doing a paper for school on the subject? I mean, you started a thread a few days ago asking if the area was nice, were the people snobby,racist etc. I and a number of others responded to this, did you not get the idea then? Google is your friend - did you research these towns at all on your own? Have you looked at realtor.com.? visited? Either it has to be sarcasm, or maybe you are asking these questions for a far shadier reason, because your "innocent" questions about that area and luxury cars when you were already advised about the area raises a LOT of red flags for me! Take Care!

Old 08-12-2007, 03:30 PM

I made the comment about nyc crime statistics because someone made a statement about it being safe to drive a luxury car in manhattan...please read his/her post Pidgett.

I have researched the town many many times on google, but I often like to read personal opinions from various people to get a better feel from it...rather than a real estate office that just wants my cash (commission for them) and etc...

Old 08-12-2007, 03:39 PM

1,174 posts, read 5,892,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viralmd View Post
I always feel safe in my Maybach....
Really? I like the Maybach. Do you have the 57 or the 62? How is the reliability? I love its steampunk look. Makes me think of the zeppelin age.

Old 08-12-2007, 10:34 PM

Pidgett,

Can you give me a big chunk of info about Pound Ridge like you did with North Salem in this post:

North Salem is located about 45 miles to the NE (air-distance) of NYC. It is about an hour-and-fifteen minutes from Manhattan by car, assuming no high traffic delays. It is relatively lightly-populated compared to most NYC suburbs; about 5,100 people spread out over 20 sq miles. For comparison, the Bronx is 42 sq miles and contains over 1,500,000 people!! For further demographic detail go to North Salem - History . The sight also gives you a good idea of what the community looks like and what life would be like there.

In addition, the countryside is very picturesque, with many woodlands of oak and maple that are interspersed with open fields frequented by horses on "gentleman farms." It is hilly and rolling and reminiscent of New England and upstate New York! The homes are generally understated, but well-kept and commodious. There are, however, some McMansions, but compared to other parts of Westchester County, they are fewer in number. The residents range from middle class to extremely well-to-do. These folks are mostly well-educated college graduates who work in the professions, academia and big corporations. There are some less-educated nouveau-riche as well, who have made their money from owning car dealerships, construction firms, restaurants, the Mafia, etc. Poverty is virtually non-existent. Violent crime is a rarity. The predominant crimes are home burglaries and DWI.

There you have it. Investigate what N.Salem is really like by googling the internet, talking with real estate agents, and, especially, and more importantly, visit it!!

Best of luck

Pidge
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County