Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 03:56 AM

124 posts, read 639,102 times

Advertisements

In a previous post, CollegeGuy987 said:

Pidgett,

Can you give me a big chunk of info about Pound Ridge like you did with North Salem in [one of your previous posts to me?]

Sure, here goes:

Pound Ridge is a similar community to North Salem in many respects. It is located in northern Westchester County and is approximately the same distance (by car) to NYC, even though it's closer to the city. The demographics for Pound Ridge are nearly the same, with perhaps a bit more wealth than No. S. The homes tend to be of newer construction (less traditional), with some Frank Lloyd Wright-style contemporaries as examples. The scenery is more densely wooded than No. S. There is also less diversity with respect to social class; Pound Ridge is more cohesively high-income and well-educated. There is a large Jewish population in Pound Ridge. As is the case with No. S., there is virtually no violent crime, and many people drive high-end cars w/o incident, which I know is important to you.

Hope that helped!

Pidgett
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2008, 09:43 AM

353 posts, read 1,362,939 times
I live in Pound Ridge. On any nice weekend, I see a Ferrari, Maserati, or Aston Martin. A Ferrari drove by my house Sunday when I was outside with my daughter. They are not a dime a dozen, but they are all around. Pound Ridge is a great place to live. Great town, great schools, great neighbors, but country type feel and within 15 minutes you are in Stamford CT, New Canaan CT, or Mt. Kisco NY where you can do all your shopping. There is virtually no crime and by you asking the question you did, you really have to research the area because anyone who knows anything about a nice town in Westchester county would never even ask the question.

Old 06-04-2008, 07:41 PM

40 posts, read 257,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeGuy987 View Post
Is it safe to drive an uber luxury car, such a a ferrari, in North Salem or Pound Ridge without the fear of being robber/hijacked?
No way!!!!!!!!!!!!

I heard there is a better neighborhood suited to your vehicle,,Bushwick section of Brooklyn, rents are cheap also.

Old 06-07-2008, 04:38 PM

178 posts, read 664,912 times
If you are near college age (Your handle). You might like central or southern Westchester better. It's all pretty safe. Check with the local police departments.
Carjackings are few and far between.

White Plains has become a night life town. Central and southern are also closer to NYC.

All the best!

Kevin O'Shea

Old 06-07-2008, 07:53 PM

1,594 posts, read 3,552,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeGuy987 View Post
It's an honest question...i'm thinking about moving to westchester...and would like to know if it's safe for people to be a little ostentatious without being mugged.
No you'll just be ridiculed. Move to Greenwich.

Old 06-07-2008, 07:54 PM

1,594 posts, read 3,552,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eileen824 View Post
CollegeGuy? sometimes I wonder about your intelligence! Are you REALLY interested in Pound Ridge or are you doing a paper for school on the subject? I mean, you started a thread a few days ago asking if the area was nice, were the people snobby,racist etc. I and a number of others responded to this, did you not get the idea then? Google is your friend - did you research these towns at all on your own? Have you looked at realtor.com.? visited? Either it has to be sarcasm, or maybe you are asking these questions for a far shadier reason, because your "innocent" questions about that area and luxury cars when you were already advised about the area raises a LOT of red flags for me! Take Care!
Ummm, it's a troll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County