Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2007, 11:59 AM

201 posts, read 725,571 times

Advertisements

Hi,
We're looking to get a shorter commute to NYC and I am wondering what Tarrytown is like?? From what I've seen on the net it looks like it's pretty cool. Is it a good place to raise kids - I have a 3 & 51/2 year old. Does anyone know if the schools are good or do you have to go to private. I found a great house I'd like to look at but quality of life for families is very important.

Any comments would be appreicated.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2007, 05:39 PM

14 posts, read 125,167 times
Tarrytown is a very nice town. I have not lived there but have spent a lot of time down on the Hudson there. I used to work at the General Motors plant there many years ago when I was younger. I've always liked the area near Sleepy Hollow and North Tarrytown.

I don't know much about the school system but that should be easy enough to find out. It's a nice family friendly area right on the Hudson River that's somewhat affordable for its' location.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County