Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 03:45 PM

7,296 posts, read 11,802,611 times

Advertisements

So funny. There are hardly any negative comments about Yorktown in this thread. Only that it's slightly majority blue collar, it is very similar to nearby areas like Mahopac and its educational attainment is far lower than the unfortunate people with graduate degrees in Scarsdale who are being "snobbed" by this resident. Having been shown the numbers he then proceeds to separate himself from his less educated townmates and calls those who accept the numbers as "prejudiced" and "ignorant". Look, there's nothing wrong with Yorktown. It's fine and its blue collar residents love it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2013, 04:37 PM

83 posts, read 167,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dma1250 View Post
^^ As for my insulting eveyone on the board, that makes me wonder why I keep getting reputation points as this silly thread goes on and on.
Glad you are keeping track of your reputation points online. I don't know what those are but I think if you get the most you will get a prize at the next Yorktown town meeting.

Keep up the good work.

Old 11-27-2013, 06:24 PM

1,594 posts, read 3,552,621 times
Your girlfriend have fancy clothes.

Old 11-28-2013, 10:06 AM

425 posts, read 1,206,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest_hills_daddy View Post
so funny. There are hardly any negative comments about yorktown in this thread. Only that it's slightly majority blue collar, it is very similar to nearby areas like mahopac and its educational attainment is far lower than the unfortunate people with graduate degrees in scarsdale who are being "snobbed" by this resident. Having been shown the numbers he then proceeds to separate himself from his less educated townmates and calls those who accept the numbers as "prejudiced" and "ignorant". Look, there's nothing wrong with yorktown. It's fine and its blue collar residents love it.
+1

Old 11-28-2013, 10:20 AM

2,617 posts, read 6,982,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Hills_Daddy View Post
So funny. There are hardly any negative comments about Yorktown in this thread. Only that it's slightly majority blue collar, it is very similar to nearby areas like Mahopac and its educational attainment is far lower than the unfortunate people with graduate degrees in Scarsdale who are being "snobbed" by this resident. Having been shown the numbers he then proceeds to separate himself from his less educated townmates and calls those who accept the numbers as "prejudiced" and "ignorant". Look, there's nothing wrong with Yorktown. It's fine and its blue collar residents love it.
And for all that he scorns the decidedly more upscale areas east of I-684 as too snobby for him. Yeah, this thread is awesome. Sometimes city-data really delivers.

Old 11-28-2013, 01:27 PM

1,316 posts, read 5,170,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Hills_Daddy View Post
So, you think that the distinction between the two school districts isn't reasonable? I think we can all agree that school district trumps town lines. This thread has always been about Yorktown Heights, not all of Yorktown so the distinction was there from the get go. As I said, look at your beloved education stats for YCSD and you will see that they are far above those for Yorktown, Mahopac, and the other towns you keep comparing YH to.

The point of this thread, and all of them on CitiData, is to inform people. Those looking for homes in YH should know that it is very different socio-economically from northern Yorktown. I mentioned this thread to a neighbor the other day and he laughed hysterically at the idea of the area being majority blue collar. He said he could think of two people he knew who qualified, a fire fighter and a contractor, and he's lived here over 30 years. That's the third or fourth resident I've asked about this, and I always get the same response.

So you can keep repeating your misinformation, misconceptions, and prejudices about YH, but that doesn't change the reality.

Thanks for the break from the mother in law.

Old 11-29-2013, 07:29 AM

156 posts, read 302,969 times
This thread would have been shut down ages ago in the North Carolina Triangle forum, lol. I mean one of the later posts in here would garnered a personal attack infraction so what gives with the inconsistency amongst moderators?

Having said that, I think there has been some great debate on this thread which I've enjoyed reading, and the last post made me wonder how many folks use the terms "Yorktown" vs. "Yorktown Heights" interchangeably.

Old 11-30-2013, 11:28 PM

55 posts, read 133,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShouldHaveLeft914 View Post
Yorktown Heights is blue collar and working class all the way. Not as big with the NYC commuters. Think Italian contractors and cops. Either people who were priced out of lower 914 where they grew up, or people who never left Yorktown and inherited their family home. Think large screen TV and SUV, but no library room.
That is a racist comment. If someone made a comment stereotyping Jews or black people in the same manner, they would be attacked and rightfully so. Why do some idiots think that it's acceptable to make derogatory comments about Italian-Americans?

Old 12-03-2013, 08:05 PM

1,594 posts, read 3,552,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickCheney2016 View Post
That is a racist comment. If someone made a comment stereotyping Jews or black people in the same manner, they would be attacked and rightfully so. Why do some idiots think that it's acceptable to make derogatory comments about Italian-Americans?
Because we don't make a stink. Also TV supports Italian American stereotypes in every way imaginable.

Old 12-04-2013, 05:10 PM

425 posts, read 1,206,542 times
Most of the greatest stuff in the world comes from Italians:

The finest cars, clothing, food, and the arts...think about it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County