Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 04:03 PM

10 posts, read 78,958 times

Advertisements

RadioGuy93 - Thanks!

I'm sure it will be painful for those few months, but over a few years it's a small amount of inconvenience. I'd love to be walking distance to a tran station (within a mile)... but that seems tough if you want a decent amount of land.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2012, 03:24 PM

10 posts, read 78,958 times
Anyone else care to opine on Pleasantville vs Chappaqua or which side of the tracks leads to as a better life? or just throw anything on here that will help educate me on either location? - many thanks!

Old 04-05-2012, 10:47 AM

51 posts, read 144,559 times
If you want a Norman Rockwell town. Pville is the place. Chappaqua is a very nice town. But it is a very large and spread out.

You really cannot go wrong with either. Pville residents rarely head into Chappaqua unless you bank at BofA. If you live in CHappaqua you will be in Pville all the time to go shopping, movies and food & drink. Pleasantville is the center of the area i.e. Armonk, Chappaqua, Briarcliff and Westlake school district (i.e. Thornwood, Hawthorne and Mt Pleasant)

Old 04-06-2012, 10:29 AM

168 posts, read 523,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPleasantville View Post
Pleasantville is the center of the area i.e. Armonk, Chappaqua, Briarcliff and Westlake school district (i.e. Thornwood, Hawthorne and Mt Pleasant)
I have to disagree with that. Pleasantville holds its own as the "nightlife" destination for this part of the area (Burns, Iron Horse, etc.) but it's hardly the commercial center.

As far as every day sundries and groceries go, the Key Food in P'ville is pretty bad, and a ton of people who live in P'ville go to Thornwood (Shoprite) or Chappaqua (D'Ags) or Mt. Kisco (Target, A&P, Mrs. Greens, Shoprite) for groceries.

All these respective areas have their own "centers" as you put it. If you live in Thornwood or Hawthorne you shop at either Rose Hill or Town Center, not P'ville. Depending on where you live in Armonk, you either go to the local strip on main street in Armonk (A&P) or drive to Pleasantville (Key Food) or Mt. Kisco. Depending on where you live in Briarcliff, you either shop on their local strip (Mrs. Green's) or drive to Ossining (C-Town, Stop & Shop).

Old 04-07-2012, 06:40 PM

395 posts, read 1,617,984 times
^^ I have to agree, and in fact I would say the Key Foods in P-ville is hands down the WORST supermarket I have encountered in 3 years on the east coast - inexplicably it is both nasty AND high priced! Even the old A&P in Millwood is better option. P-ville has many things to offer, but decent grocery shopping is not one of them.

p.s. D'Ags closed permanently after Hurricane Irene and a Walgreens is apparently going in there (ugh). The town is now trying to find another feasible location for a grocery store. http://www.thedailychappaqua.com/new...ua-supermarket

Old 04-08-2012, 04:03 PM

74 posts, read 228,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali_to_nj View Post
^^ I have to agree, and in fact I would say the Key Foods in P-ville is hands down the WORST supermarket I have encountered in 3 years on the east coast - inexplicably it is both nasty AND high priced! Even the old A&P in Millwood is better option. P-ville has many things to offer, but decent grocery shopping is not one of them.

p.s. D'Ags closed permanently after Hurricane Irene and a Walgreens is apparently going in there (ugh). The town is now trying to find another feasible location for a grocery store. Officials Explore Ideas for Chappaqua Supermarket | The Daily Chappaqua
How about the old Boders location in Mt. Kisco for a Whole Foods?! I'm sure there are enough people in Northern Westchester to make it worth while.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:56 AM

51 posts, read 144,559 times
**** and AP in Armonk are both closed I think. I forget that Shoprite is not pville since it is right over the boarder. Yes everyone does goto Shoprite. mad house.

I meant more for strolling the streets and enjoying the village. Pville will have more to offer than Chappaqua. Plus the location is central to all those towns, parkways and routes into those larger chain towns like WP and Mt Kisco.

C-town in Ossining? I think the only thing that place is known for is selling beer to minors in the 80's and 90's

Old 04-11-2012, 05:04 PM

24 posts, read 70,730 times
why is there no Wegmans in Westchester?

Old 04-13-2012, 11:43 AM

114 posts, read 571,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dctonyc View Post
why is there no Wegmans in Westchester?
Never heard of Wegmans. Is that a grocery store or an organic food marketplace? For that, I go to Stew Leonard's in Yonkers.

Old 04-13-2012, 11:55 AM

369 posts, read 633,351 times
My husband is in love with Wegmen's, from his time in Buffalo. It's an upstate NY-based chain, I believe. They have a couple within an hour's drive, but that's pretty far for groceries!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County