Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2012, 12:57 PM

2,617 posts, read 6,986,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioGuy93 View Post
Never heard of Wegmans. Is that a grocery store or an organic food marketplace? For that, I go to Stew Leonard's in Yonkers.
It's another grocery chain, nothing special at all. It was a goofy question. Why isn't there a Food Lion or a Krogers or a Shaw's?
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2012, 01:22 PM

24 posts, read 70,367 times
It is a NY based chain and I found it odd it is not available in Westchester. I liked it when we were in Virginia, especially its Market Cafe. It is way better than Food Lion or Krogers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kletter1mann View Post
It's another grocery chain, nothing special at all. It was a goofy question. Why isn't there a Food Lion or a Krogers or a Shaw's?

Old 12-05-2012, 12:09 PM

24 posts, read 70,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullingHairs View Post
Originally Posted by P-Ville?
9) Anyone from Pleasantville - would you recommend living on the east or west side of the train tracks? why?
Doesn't matter as much in P'ville. On the west side, I'd just stay away from the are immediately adjacent to the Saw Mill. There are a lot of flooding issues, and it's generally not as nice as other parts of the village in my opinion.
Would you or anyone please elaborate on the flooding issues for the area in Pleasantville immediately adjacent to Saw Mill on the west side? And in what aspects it is not as nice as other parts of the village? Thanks.

Old 12-05-2012, 12:54 PM

1,497 posts, read 4,440,129 times
Flooding I cannot speak of, but I know that we looked at some brand new homes on the streets west of the Saw Mill and it just looked dirty. Lots of really beat up homes with overgrown lawns and cheap patio furniture right across from new $800k plus homes.

The area does not compare to the area filled with grand old colonials with well manicured lawns with picket fences in the heart of the village.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:25 AM

51 posts, read 143,822 times
Flooding happens around the white house that the county owns next to the Saw Mill Parkway on Pleasant ave. Pleasantville is tiny, all of it is nice, safe and beautiful. The West side has cute small homes in family friendly neighborhoods. The only negative would be the distance from the school since we do not bus. If you are looking at a house in the village, you can walk or drive the 1 mile.

Old 05-24-2013, 05:50 PM

1 posts, read 1,868 times
I lived in P'ville for 23 years and found it to be a warm friendly community of people raising children. The schools were very good. I moved out in 1992. It seems that it has gotten better since then too. The Burns Film Theatre has done a lot for the town. I liked that it was a walking town and I could walk to the Library, Super Market and Train Station. My daughter always walked to school. Chappaqua seemed to be a lot more compettitive. The schools were best for above average students. The High School offers a huge range of services in Chappaqua.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County