Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2012, 02:13 PM

3 posts, read 7,313 times

Advertisements

Hello

Me and my wife are moveing form Tampa Fl to Westchester county in like a year or two.She wants to move back up to NY so am leaveing FL and its great high school football. I Whould like to know what are the best high schools and high school football in Westchester county.Please let me know.

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2012, 08:56 PM

1,594 posts, read 3,553,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksy42 View Post
Hello

Me and my wife are moveing form Tampa Fl to Westchester county in like a year or two.She wants to move back up to NY so am leaveing FL and its great high school football. I Whould like to know what are the best high schools and high school football in Westchester county.Please let me know.

Thank you
Dobbs Ferry.

New Rochelle.

But your JV scrubs would probably whoop our varsity.

Old 01-17-2012, 07:56 AM

2 posts, read 3,703 times
Default Could go private for football too

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksy42 View Post
Hello

Thank you
If you don't mind shelling out for a private Catholic education, Stepinac or Iona Prep would be good choices here too.

Old 01-17-2012, 12:49 PM

3 posts, read 7,313 times
you have to pay to coach at a Catholic school up here.i love the city of white plains.kinda looks like tampa to me but a lil bigger.how is the football at WPHS and is it a good school

Old 01-18-2012, 06:35 PM

86 posts, read 387,151 times
If you search "Lohud Football blog", you should find the local newspaper's high school football blog. You will see that during the football season it is a very active and heated blog.
White Plains is usually a strong football program, not on the same level as New Ro and MtVernon though. But close.
I will add the following to the schools already suggested-
Harrison and Rye. They play in an annual rivalry game that is the single most attended sporting event in the county annually. The spirit in those two towns for football is the strongest in Westchester. And those are considered "good" schools by Westchester standards. As a matter of fact, Rye is probably one of the highest reputed districts in Westchester.

Old 01-19-2012, 08:31 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,497,291 times
Harrison is considered a good high school by Westchester standards?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County