Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 07:26 PM

1 posts, read 2,619 times

Advertisements

My wife and I recently moved from NYC to Scarsdale, and we also recently learned that she is pregnant with our first child. Believe it or not, her current gyno cannot suggest an obstetrician in Westchester County. We do not want to ask anyone we know for recommendations because we are not prepared to tell people (we know) that we are pregnant. Can someone suggest an obstetrician and/or a hospital for which we should consider? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 06:13 AM

74 posts, read 228,526 times
I'd highly recommend Westchester Medical Group's OB practice in Rye. They also have locations in WP and Yonkers. Haven't been to those. As for hospitals, there's WP hospital and Greenwich.

Old 01-19-2012, 03:01 PM

17 posts, read 64,600 times
Dr. Lupin - affiliated with white plains hospital - westmed. I also rec Dr. Wysoki or Dr. Eiland in that group.

Old 01-19-2012, 08:36 PM

866 posts, read 2,484,877 times
I delivered at White Plains Hospital in February and my experience was wonderful. I see the doctors at the WestMed practice on Westchester Ave in White Plains, and they have another office in Scarsdale (zip) too. In fact, it was one of the doctors I had never seen who was on call the night I delivered and she was awesome too.

Old 01-20-2012, 08:41 AM

223 posts, read 828,374 times
I use Dr Migotsky in Rye, have used him for years, he has a partner Dr Reiss. I delivered at Greenwich hopsital it is awesome.

Old 01-20-2012, 11:04 AM

1,497 posts, read 4,458,855 times
I also used Reiss & Migotsky and delivered at Greenwich.

Did not like WestMed at all - there are like 9 OB's and they all rotate their on call day, so the chances are high that you will deliver with a stranger.

Old 01-20-2012, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjinla View Post
I also used Reiss & Migotsky and delivered at Greenwich.

Did not like WestMed at all - there are like 9 OB's and they all rotate their on call day, so the chances are high that you will deliver with a stranger.
There are 5 doctors (pretty standard) and I had met 4 of them, all super nice ladies (I prefer a woman, but some don't care, your wife should decide). Of course the night I went into labour the one on call was the one I hadn't met, but she was just as nice as the others. Of course, when you only spend 30 minutes in the hospital before your baby is born you barely see the doctor anyways...

Seriously, if you are in Scarsdale you should pick a doctor who works at WP Hospital. It was wonderful, and I know people rave about Greenwich hospital, but frankly if I had had to drive there my son might have been born in the car.

Old 01-20-2012, 06:41 PM

1,497 posts, read 4,458,855 times
I was talking about the WestMed in Rye, but you probably wouldn't go there if you were in Scarsdale.

The WestMed in White Plains is very depressing and dirty, IMO. Didn't even know they had one in Scarsdale. I've heard nothing but great things about WP Hospital.

Old 01-20-2012, 07:14 PM

Yeah, the construction is annoying, but it doesn't affect the quality of care. And the other office is down the Post Road/White Plains Road by the Vernon Hills shopping area which I thought is Eastchester, but the address is Scarsdale. Stupid zip code/town/village confusion!

Old 02-22-2012, 12:36 PM

13 posts, read 64,181 times
I second Westchester Medical Group's OB practice in Rye. I was high risk at 24 weeks, had contractions and required weekly visits to the OBs at the Rye office and Greenwich Hospital. I also went to Dr. Park as main dr. and used mostly group doctors for everything else because no matter which office you go to, your records are there. Plus they don't always have to depend on hospitals since they have facilities equipped to do x-rays, lab tests, scans and such. Even when I went to a outside chiropractor, I was able to get my x-rays done by the group same day and only waited because the technician was nice enough to burn the images for my chiro.

Also, stick to Greenwich if you can, it is cleaner and much nicer in every way to WP Hospital. My hubby and I both suffer from chronic conditions that required hospitalizations and we stopped going to WP because of the horrible doctors and hospital. Don't even get me started on their billing, took months to clear up overcharges!

My daughter had to be readmitted for jaundice after being home only one day and because we had already picked a Westchester Medical Group pediatrician for her, we didn't even have to go through the emergency room. They were able to get us right into a room with an incubator. Whoever the pediatrician on call was would always stop by and check on her. Greenwich also called the house to check on us often in the weeks after my delivery. Not sure if they still have it, but they had a nurse line for moms. As first time parents we did call with crazy questions and the nurses were always super nice, helped and the best part? they answered our crazy questions!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County