Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 09:59 AM

15 posts, read 85,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittlestar08 View Post
Something tells me that you are unrealistic about YH and yes Katonah is the better option
Unrealistic, man you are dillussional. You are always bringing up YH houseshopping, oh, I mean brittlestart08. I think you are in love with YH, you just need to realize it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2007, 09:31 AM

2 posts, read 28,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
CityUser, how long ago was this? Scarsdale Schools are great now and has plenty of help for academically impaired students. I'm a Junior at Scarsdale HS right now.
FutureCop, I graduated from Scarsdale High School in 2002. One of my brothers is still in the school system, and the other graduated in 2005. I would share what their disabilities are, but that may identify them and I want to stay anonymous.

Maybe Scarsdale offers acceptable services for some disabled services, but that wasn't our experience. I don't mean to speak for all people, but the school system really did/does not work for my brothers' interests.

Old 12-16-2007, 11:10 PM

10 posts, read 96,111 times
new rochelle isnt a bad school district and would be the the best choice for you new rochelle has a dowtown with lots of shopping and activitys including an 18theater movie complex bowling and a large game room new rochelle offers great education for students whether students are high achieving or need extra help yorktown scardale somers and armork are nice but they are located in the middle of nowhere and walking through the streets at night is very scary because they dont always put streetlights (old mamaroneck rd) im upset that somebody put new rochelle in the sam category with mt vernon and yonkers whos high schools have low gradutation rates new rochellehs is very large and has hudreds of kids who are friendly and features a diverse group of students unlike scardale and katonah new rochelle is your best opion ecause of its proximity to new york city (about 3 mins to pelham bay park which takes 30 mins from yorktown) which means easier commutes new rochelle hs continues to graduate well rounded individuals becuase of the diversity they experience (a diversity which you cant get in scarsdale, yorktown, somers, katonah, or armonk)

Old 12-17-2007, 04:23 PM

6 posts, read 30,896 times
We live in Cortlandt Manor and LOVE the schools here. We're in the process of listing and the taxes are affordable....

Old 12-17-2007, 09:10 PM

cordlant manor is still rual country area and is a half hour away from anything including nyc

Old 12-18-2007, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newroccity6971 View Post
cordlant manor is still rual country area and is a half hour away from anything including nyc

are u illiterate or sometbhing the op said they wanted a nice walkable downtown sumthing u can only get in new rochelle white plains or yonkers but yonkers has bad schools

Old 12-18-2007, 11:55 PM

2,806 posts, read 16,331,259 times
Are you calling yourself illiterate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newroccity6971 View Post
are u illiterate or sometbhing the op said they wanted a nice walkable downtown sumthing u can only get in new rochelle white plains or yonkers but yonkers has bad schools

Old 12-19-2007, 11:05 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,173,823 times
Hey all- My daughter is STRUGGLING through high school right now and i'm at wits end. She is not a BAD person, in fact she is very sweet and caring. She just seems to associate with the wrong people and does not prioritze well. She's only lived with me for 2 years after having been brought up by her mother (ghetto fab- long gone).. long story... she started going downhill and I demanded she move in with me.

anyhow, back to schools- Can anyone recommend a school in Westchester for high school students that have fallen way back? This school should also be in a GOOD AREA. I will rent or buy depending on prices. My current landlord won't raise my rent because he does not want to see me go but I must. We are quiet, friendly, helpful neighbors. I have one cat.

I'm trying to do whatever I can for her and will sacrifice convenience.

My thinking is to move her far away from her friends (queens, ny) and to get her in a school that can actually help.

If anyone has any ideas it would be appreciated.

signed- desperate dad!

Old 12-23-2007, 12:24 PM

305 posts, read 1,888,509 times
What about Ardsley? Its a great school district and offers many services. I know they have an excellent special ed program (not saying that your daughter is special ed), just saying that they cater to all students. I know several people who moved to Ardsley b/c of the services the school offers.

Old 12-27-2007, 05:42 PM

15 posts, read 49,905 times
Default greatschools.net

I wouldnt put a lot of importance to this site either. You have to check how many people have given reviews. It makes no sense if review is given by 1 person and rating is like 9 out of 10. To be fair, they do list how many people have given ratings. So please factor number of ratings X level of ratings.
However, the intent of this site is good. They need to have more data.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dma1250 View Post
I've never looked at Great Schools .net before, but people here keep refering to it. so I looked and I'm pleased to report that the Yorktown schools got a "Great Schools Score" of 9 out of 10 and 10 out of 10! I don't know what that is based on on, but my experience with the schools so far has been excellent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County