Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2012, 07:47 PM

4 posts, read 5,332 times

Advertisements

my family is going to relocate to tarrytown from Florida. I am not familiar with NY area, so hope you can help me select the right place to live.
my criteria is :
1, the school must be perfect. Next year, my daughter is going to middle school.

2. Must be 30 minutes drive to tarrytown.

3. my budget is around 2500 to 3000, I perfer three bedroom, because i have two daughters.

is it possible to rent three bedroom with that money and where is the best choice?

thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2012, 01:51 AM

2 posts, read 2,692 times
Hi there, I would try Hastings on Hudson. It's 10 min from Tarrytown and has blue ribbon schools. Right now, they have 2 homes listed on realtor.com for 3,000 and under (one is a 3 bedroom and one is a two bedroom). Hastings is a pretty quaint and quiet town.Yorktown Heights (about 30 min from Tarrytown) is also really nice with good schools. They also have some affordable places up there as well because it is farther from the city. They currently have a 3 bed, 2 bath house on realtor.com for 2,500. If you need anymore help, please let me know. Best wishes!

Old 04-16-2012, 09:09 AM

51 posts, read 144,536 times
1)Pleasantville has one of the best Middle School in the county. Pleasantville Middle School Honored as School to Watch | The Examiner News

2)Plus the commute is simple and requires no Parkways or Interstates.

3) Yes you can find that a place for that price.

Hastings is nice as well.

Old 04-16-2012, 09:12 AM

1,316 posts, read 5,190,293 times
I'd also look in Croton, which has house rentals in your price range, good schools, and is a very easy drive (or train) to Tarrytown. I see a couple of 3 beds listed for under 3K. (FYI, the Yorktown middle school is Blue Ribbon, too). You could check out Pleasantiville, too. The budget is tight, but doable.

Old 04-16-2012, 12:54 PM

293 posts, read 886,027 times
If your daughter is starting middle school next year, you may want to target a place that has several elementary schools feeding into one middle - that way her being the new girl may be offset a bit by all of the kids being mixed together for the first time. That would be my one knock against Hastings in your case - it's a very small district with only one elementary, middle and high school (I think there are about 100 kids in the graduating class). Otherwise, Hastings is a really cute little town.

You might want to check out Irvington and Dobbs as well.

Old 04-27-2012, 09:59 AM

4 posts, read 5,332 times
Smile thank you guys!

Sorry for late reply, I am out of town these days.
I did my research and will look for :
1. Pleasantville, (not sure if 3000/month is enough)
2. Irvington
3. Hastring

thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County