Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 04:55 PM

3,734 posts, read 4,546,558 times

Advertisements

Welcome!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2012, 04:58 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,683,123 times
sorry to interrupt but I may have go to Briarcliff Manor next week. Is it very hilly? Can you get there from US 9 by making a right and going east without going on 9A and going west?

I didn't mean to interrupt MCS19 i just spotted the post

sorry about that

Old 12-27-2013, 08:55 PM

1 posts, read 1,879 times
Dear MCS19 or anyone else,
"and the Jitney to the train is amazing."
Please elaborate on this.
Best,
msfa

Old 01-04-2014, 07:33 AM

18 posts, read 41,106 times
Just want to mention this, we are looking to relocate to Westchester and have young kids as well. We fell in love with briarcliff manor! But then I found out the middle/high school did a program called "fill - for -fields" and a bunch (I believe 8) of the kids who grew up playing on those fields got cancer. The town realized that the fill they got was contaminated and the last thing I read was they were going to dump a ton of dirt on the fields and continue using them. This all happened in the last few years and that letter from the town that my realtor showed me was dated in 2012. This was a game changer for us, since we were going to utilize the public schools there, but after learning about this story, we don't want to be anywhere near the school. This was what we decided, it may be different for you, but google the story and educate yourself about it and make a decision. Thought I would shed some light on this since apparently not a lot of people know about this story. Good luck in your search!

Old 01-20-2014, 06:22 PM

5 posts, read 5,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deja2779 View Post
Just want to mention this, we are looking to relocate to Westchester and have young kids as well. We fell in love with briarcliff manor! But then I found out the middle/high school did a program called "fill - for -fields" and a bunch (I believe 8) of the kids who grew up playing on those fields got cancer. The town realized that the fill they got was contaminated and the last thing I read was they were going to dump a ton of dirt on the fields and continue using them. This all happened in the last few years and that letter from the town that my realtor showed me was dated in 2012. This was a game changer for us, since we were going to utilize the public schools there, but after learning about this story, we don't want to be anywhere near the school. This was what we decided, it may be different for you, but google the story and educate yourself about it and make a decision. Thought I would shed some light on this since apparently not a lot of people know about this story. Good luck in your search!
This is very scary. I looked this up after reading your post. This was an area on our list of possible towns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County