Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2012, 12:45 AM

200 posts, read 324,417 times

Advertisements

Hi! I'm interested in working up in Westchester County. I know there are A LOT of Malls, Shops, Stores, etc. but what I like to know is:

1) Are there any Travel Shops?

Or

2) Besides Innovative Luggage are there any Stores that sell Travel Accessories?

I love to Travel and would like to work in a store that not only sells luggage, but other Travel accessories such as travel pillows, etc. & since Westchester County seems like a Mecca for shopping just thought maybe there would be some other stores/shops that would sell Travel Accessories BESIDES Luggages.

Please let me know. I'm open to any information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2012, 09:09 AM

369 posts, read 633,442 times
Parker's in Rye is the only travel store I can think of that isn't inside a mall.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:10 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,085,392 times
With White Plains & Yonkers being 2 of the larger cities in the county why don't you use the internet to search for the types of shops your asking about?

Old 06-15-2012, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
With White Plains & Yonkers being 2 of the larger cities in the county why don't you use the internet to search for the types of shops your asking about?
I Really appreciate your input, but out of curiosity: What are you talking about? I'm NOT interested in BUYING travel stuff. I'm Interested in WORKING AT A Travel Shop/Store. & yes, I DID some research, but I don't know if you know that when you do a general search of Travel Stores/Shops you're gonna get ONLINE Stores.

Old 06-15-2012, 05:05 PM

2,619 posts, read 7,031,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by certaincircles View Post
I Really appreciate your input, but out of curiosity: What are you talking about? I'm NOT interested in BUYING travel stuff. I'm Interested in WORKING AT A Travel Shop/Store. & yes, I DID some research, but I don't know if you know that when you do a general search of Travel Stores/Shops you're gonna get ONLINE Stores.
What are YOU talking about? If you search right and limit the geography you're also going to find brick and mortar stores. In fact, wonder of wonders, Google maps does a good job of doing exactly what you're trying to do.

Old 06-15-2012, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kletter1mann View Post
What are YOU talking about? If you search right and limit the geography you're also going to find brick and mortar stores. In fact, wonder of wonders, Google maps does a good job of doing exactly what you're trying to do.
I'm sorry you feel that I needed to be perfect - you make it sound like as if I'm asking a Stupid Ques. Yes, I have an IDEA of Westchester County b/c I had some friends who lived up there (I use to visit a few of my friends yrs. ago when I was back in school.). I wasn't aware that I had to know Westchester County so well as you. I thought this was a forum where people don't judge others when they're trying to find info. on a particular area that They DON'T KNOW. Did you ever think of people inquiring about a place they don't know too well b/c maybe they Don't Come From the Same Area? I was NEVER RAISED or BORN (let alone Raised or Born here in NY - I just CAME HERE only been here in NY for just a couple of yrs. & still getting to know my whereabouts & I'm just like Other people who Moved Here) in Westchester County. Wow - I didn't know that some people in Westchester County could be snobby - I mean, most of the people that I've met here in NYC have been pretty descent about things.

Old 06-16-2012, 10:18 AM

2,619 posts, read 7,031,071 times
Lots of people on forums get snarky when others post questions that reflect little effort by the poster to do some homework. They feel that the poster is hoping that someone else will do their homework for them. This is particularly true when that homework entails searching the web.

My comments were in response to your apparent failure to understand that the web can be used to do something other than online shopping. Perhaps I expect too much.

Old 06-16-2012, 01:37 PM

369 posts, read 633,442 times
Please do not use all caps. It's the Internet equivalent of yelling... and is quite rude. Besides which, I agree with kletter1mann. You can search for Westchester malls and then take look at the stores in the mall. You can also look at the Yellow Pages (which also exists online -- yellowpages.com) which would give you a fair idea of the travel stores located in the area. Google does not just return online stores -- in fact, Google search results will provide you with the brick and mortar stores, along with a map of where they are located (which you can then use to judge distance from where you are located). My advice is to put in both "travel store" and "westchester" or a major city in Westchester, which will likely provide with actual stores.

Your question wasn't even about "Is this store any good?" which would be a valid question to ask on this forum. But when you're just asking "Does this type of store even exist?" well, I don't think the members on city-data really have time to do that kind of simple Google search for you.

Old 06-16-2012, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justabitoff View Post
Please do not use all caps. It's the Internet equivalent of yelling... and is quite rude. Besides which, I agree with kletter1mann. You can search for Westchester malls and then take look at the stores in the mall. You can also look at the Yellow Pages (which also exists online -- yellowpages.com) which would give you a fair idea of the travel stores located in the area. Google does not just return online stores -- in fact, Google search results will provide you with the brick and mortar stores, along with a map of where they are located (which you can then use to judge distance from where you are located). My advice is to put in both "travel store" and "westchester" or a major city in Westchester, which will likely provide with actual stores.

Your question wasn't even about "Is this store any good?" which would be a valid question to ask on this forum. But when you're just asking "Does this type of store even exist?" well, I don't think the members on city-data really have time to do that kind of simple Google search for you.
Hi! 1stly, I just want to say "thanks" for not being too harsh like Kletter1mann. I wasn't trying to come off sounding rude or it wasn't Meant to be rude it was just for Kletter1mann to understand that I'm Not a Native New Yorker so I really don't know my way around Westchester County except for friends I visited in my school days. Anyway, I hope you're not upset, but I was just putting this out there (It wasn't my intention for anyone here to do My Homework.). You know - like one of those "By The Way...." things that people say?! Like "By The Way - Do You Know......" Anyway, again, I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. You've been discreet & I appreciate that respect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County