Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 08:31 AM

14 posts, read 43,222 times

Advertisements

Here's the real data. Look for yourself:

https://reportcards.nysed.gov/view.p...y=66&year=2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2012, 06:00 AM

413 posts, read 1,106,156 times
The merging of Pelham elementary schools is off the table for now, unfortunately, in my opinion. As a resident of Pelham, I think that it would be great if they did merge. The elementary schools can have grades that are way too small... The kids are so so happy when they all merge in Middle School and reconnect with their sports and preK buddies. Either way, they are all excellent schools.

Old 07-09-2012, 02:26 PM

78 posts, read 183,292 times
I have a friend who works in the Mamaroneck school district whose kids are allowed to attend MMK schools even though they live in New Rochelle, which might work for you in a neighboring town? But would second the summer months are good for rental availability.

Old 07-09-2012, 03:38 PM

52 posts, read 160,807 times
Quick update,

We were able to find a place through a realtor and luckily its in the Mamk school district so our kids will attend the same district where my husband will teach which we find to be ideal. Our realtor did mention that there aren't as much in terms of apt. rentals right now as not alot of people are moving (probably due to the economy).

And just FYI, many school districts are eliminated the employee benefit of allowing children out who live out of district to attend tuition free. Mamk apparently used to allow that but no longer so as a new employee we wouldn't be eligible. For now, we think we will be happy with where we are for the next 4 years or so before we will need to upgrade to a 3bdrm apt.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Last edited by mijv; 07-09-2012 at 03:51 PM..

Old 07-09-2012, 03:46 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,561,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mijv View Post
Quick update,

We were able to find a place through a realtor and luckily its in the Mamk school district so our kids will attend the same district where my husband will teach which we find to be ideal. Our realtor did mention that there aren't as much in terms of apt. rentals right now as not alot of people are moving (probably due to the economy).

And just FYI, many school districts are eliminated the employee benefit of allowing children out who live out of district to attend tuituin free. Mamk apparently used to allow that but no longer so as a new employee we wouldn't be eligible. For now, we think we will be happy with where we are for the next 4 years or so before we will need to upgrade to a 3bdrm apt.

Thanks everyone for your help!
Well good for you - enjoy the summer here.

Old 07-10-2012, 07:20 AM

2,440 posts, read 6,259,290 times
If your kids are hard workers and academic, they will do well in any of the districts. If your kids are lazy and not academic, they will do poorly in any of the districts. I would say the same thing for about 95% of the districts in Westchester (there are a couple of districts that have serious problems).

NEXT!

Old 08-22-2012, 11:14 AM

4 posts, read 10,092 times
KEEPS is a great program - my son has been there for 2 years and loves it.

Old 09-01-2018, 10:09 PM

60 posts, read 93,951 times
Following
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County