U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2012, 10:44 AM

2 posts, read 24,274 times

Advertisements

I'm currently living in Purchase and I'm paying an arm and a leg to park in the Water St. lot at White Plains station. Aside from the cost, I love my commute.
I just got a call that a (much cheaper) municipal permit spot has come up in the Harlem Lot (?) at the North White Plains station. It doesn't look like the drive to NWP would be much further than the drive to WP. For people who commute from the NWP station -- how's the station? Any problems? Is the parking close to the train?

Thanks in advance!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2012, 01:32 PM

66 posts, read 158,355 times
Here's a map of the parking lots at the North White Plains Station:

http://as0.mta.info/mnr/stations/par...e%20Plains.pdf

Looks like the lots on Harlem Ave. are very convenient and close to the station.

Old 07-25-2012, 08:52 PM

48 posts, read 133,198 times
My dad parked there for 30+ years (commuting from Northern Westchester). I believe the one big problem he encountered was flooding. There are places in the lot that are lower than others, and flooding during downpours was sometimes a problem.

Other than that, he was quite pleased with parking there (although now even more pleased that as a retired man of leisure, he no longer has to deal with any commute at all! ).

Old 07-26-2012, 09:48 AM

2 posts, read 24,274 times
Thank you both!

Old 07-27-2012, 09:55 AM

218 posts, read 526,805 times
kblackman - Flooding is worst in the front of the NWP lot. When you drive in, you can see that a fairly wide portion of the Bronx River butts up to the street. This is the culprit. Bad storms can bring knee/waist high water to this portion of the lot. If flooding is likely, get there early and park in the back.

Old 07-27-2012, 10:48 AM

79 posts, read 260,345 times
Can you get express trains at North White Plains, or do you have to connect at White Plains itself?

Old 07-27-2012, 02:55 PM

12,381 posts, read 24,486,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAK8 View Post
Can you get express trains at North White Plains, or do you have to connect at White Plains itself?
North White Plains is the end/start of Lower Harlem line , so yes their are express trains...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County