U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2012, 09:05 AM

293 posts, read 808,854 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend a good pediatric dentist in Mamaroneck/Larchmont/New Rochelle area?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2012, 02:13 PM

12 posts, read 25,188 times
If you'll go a few minutes further to Hartsdale/White Plains, I'd recommend M.E. Smiles Dental:
Let me google that for you

They're a husband and wife full service dental team, where the wife is a pediatric dentist and the husband is a dentist for adults.

Old 09-11-2012, 09:49 PM

1,488 posts, read 4,105,677 times
We go to Simon & Berman on Palmer in Larchmont and have been happy with them. They are very good with kids, nice office and have a dedicated pediatric practice, but they don't have videos over their heads and such like I had in my old state. My kids were spoiled!

http://www.cdg4.net/

Old 09-12-2012, 08:27 AM

52 posts, read 150,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjinla View Post
We go to Simon & Berman on Palmer in Larchmont and have been happy with them. They are very good with kids, nice office and have a dedicated pediatric practice, but they don't have videos over their heads and such like I had in my old state. My kids were spoiled!

Larchmont Dentist, Dentist Larchmont, Dr. Ira Berman, Dr. Jeffrey Simon, Comprehensive Dental Group
Its funny you said that jjinla. We are too are looking for a pediatric dentist in the area and upstate, the pediatric practice had video games in the waiting room and movies to watch in the exam rooms. They have been totally spoiled and I worry they will now fight me going to the dentist because of the lack of toys and gadgets. Are there any places around here that have that type of office?

So far I am considering Dr. Dave Zirlin in Larchmont ( he also practices at White Plains Pediatric Dentistry) and a friend recommended Dr. Patel in White Plains- Westchester Pediatric Dentistry. Neither participates in an insurance plan but my dental won't cover a pediatric dentist anyway.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:41 AM

835 posts, read 2,214,664 times
We've been going to Scarsdale Pediatric Dentistry, on the Post Rd on the border with Eastchester (in the plaza with a Johnny Rockets and A&P around the back, next to Little Gym). They have some video games and a huge climbing "house" thingy in the waiting room that my son loves. Plus a huge fish tank, that kind of stuff.

Old 09-14-2012, 06:44 AM

293 posts, read 808,854 times
Thanks so much everyone. Fish tanks, video games and climbing houses? A far cry from the dentist visits of my youth... I recall crumpled up copies of Highlights being the only waiting room entertainment.

Old 09-14-2012, 07:00 AM

1,488 posts, read 4,105,677 times
I think that there is a doctor in Tuckahoe that does, but they may not take insurance from what I recall. Berman and Simon have a video game, and most important to me they actually run on time. Our super-frills dentist back home needed all of those bells and whistles because I was always waiting at least a half hour to get in!

The hygenists are good with kids and to be honest they haven't complained about the loss of TV. They still get goody bags, so my kids are fine.

Old 04-21-2013, 06:04 AM

8 posts, read 21,094 times
Dr. Herb Smith in Larchmont is great. Our kids and many in town swear by him. (914) 834-4150
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County